Sr. Manager Talent Development
The Sr Manager, Talent Development will define strategy and lead the execution of key talent initiatives across the company. You will be responsible for performance management, talent review and succession planning, and employee engagement/listening programs. There will be some program facilitation.
This position will report to the Executive Director, Talent Development and be based in Bothell. This will be a hybrid role meaning the person will spend three days or fewer per week in the office.
- Manages or oversees company-wide performance and talent management programs.
- Defines program strategy, design and objectives for talent management.
- Ensures there is a clear process and tools to support executive development planning and resources are in place following talent reviews and succession planning.
- Uses the output from talent review to identify any company-wide executive development priorities and ensures a plan to meet those priorities.
- Develops new approach for listening to employees through engagement surveys and other tools. Creates the action planning process that follows survey work.
- Supports ad hoc and pulse survey needs.
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously. Develops mechanisms for rapid updates to learning tools.
- Partners with internal and/or external subject matter experts to develop sound, creative and high-quality talent solutions that deliver high impact results.
- Researches and recommends emerging talent solutions and methodologies, and 3rd party partners.
- Plans and may facilitate company-wide employee development and/or training events.
- Develops and maintains organizational communication and marketing (in conjunction with the Training Coordinator and Corporate Communications, as necessary,) to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Monitors, evaluates and analyzes the effectiveness of talent programs considering factors such as diversity, employee experience/impact and how information is used to make people-related decisions.
- Maintains a keen understanding of talent trends, developments and best practices.
- In conjunction with the HRIS team, manages the talent management and survey systems. Proactively identifies ways to better utilize LMS.
- 7+ years’ experience in Talent Management, Leadership Development/HR or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of adult learning theory and human development
- Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects or programs- work prioritization, planning, and coordination across teams
- Proven ability to develop performance and talent management programs
- Effective facilitation of instructor-led and virtual training
- Track record in designing and executing successful HR programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern approach to HR processes like performance management, talent management and leadership development
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Strong record keeping ability for reports and training manuals
- Bachelors Degree in HR, Organizational Behavior, Education, Business or related field from an accredited college or university
- Certifications in relevant course or OD work preferred.