Vice President Corporate Development
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
As Seagen continues to grow, The Vice President, Corporate Development is key in setting the long-term strategic plan for the company. This position provides strategic and tactical leadership, counsel and direction to support key business objectives. They will be responsible for securing and maintaining partnerships with other biotech and/or pharmaceutical companies. Additionally, they be key in identifying, negotiating, structuring, and executing strategic acquisitions/investments and partnerships.
- Serve on the Leadership Team for the Executive Vice President of Corp Dev and Alliance Management
- Lead the clinical stage prospecting effort to find clinical stage assets to supplement and complement Seagen’s pipeline
- Negotiate clinical stage in-licensing deals and collaborations
- Evaluate M&A targets and oversee financial assessment (combined LRP/pro-forma, impact to financial statements) and make deal pitches to executive management and the board
- Work closely with Global Product Teams to evaluate and coordinate clinical combination strategies with external CTCSA (clinical trial and supply agreements) or strategic partnerships
- Lead corporate strategy projects as needed at the direction of the Executive Committee and CEO
- Provide support and take on some transaction work for and with the VP of External Innovation to help with Research stage deal making
- Lead initial integration of deals after signing before fully adopted by JXCs, PM and AM
- Lead M&A integration in collaboration with Alliance Management
- Provide guidance to the development of analytical models and work with finance to perform financial analyses to comprehensively value opportunities
- Provide clear explanations and make well-founded recommendations to senior management
- Establish collaborative, effective, and trusting relationships with key internal functions and leadership including commercial, R&D, legal, and finance to ensure the free flow of information and ideas
- Manage complex contract negotiations and work closely with legal counsel to expeditiously negotiate and sign agreements
- Maintain a strong network of industry contacts and continually seek competitive intelligence; and
- Actively participate in relevant external meetings and conferences
- Outlicense/partner clinical stage assets on an as-needed basis at the direction of the EC and Board
- A bachelor’s degree is required
- At least 10 years of business/corporate development experience with an emphasis on the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry
- A solid understanding of oncology products, players and technologies, and a rolodex of industry contacts
- Strong leadership and communication skills, problem-solving ability and creativity
- Ability to effectively interface with the commercial organization, R&D, finance, legal, and executive management
- A leadership role and demonstrated success in initiating, closing and managing significant business/corporate development transactions, including product and technology partnerships and company acquisitions
- A scientific background/literacy with strong analytical capabilities
- MBA or JD preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.