Associate Director Test Engineering
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Associate Director of Test Engineering will be a seasoned leader responsible for a center of excellence in test tool development, application testing, overall testing standards/practices for Global IT department. The role requires a firm understanding of Agile software development, COTS application test processes, test automation and performance tools. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic leader, excellent communicator, have demonstrable expertise in test engineering, and above all be customer and team focused. This role is accountable for leading, mentoring and building a talented engineering team to scale the technology and capabilities to support delivery of high-quality solutions in a regulated, hybrid-cloud environment.
This team is additionally responsible for operational activities related to the services provided, including monitoring, support and pre-emptive system maintenance and remediation.
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to the Test Engineering team
- Mentor all levels of test engineers to improve standards of products and services
- Drive Test engineering strategy, standards, and service definition
- Develop a transformative roadmap, working closely with Enterprise Architecture, Application Delivery and Information Security teams
- Define and deliver Test Engineering goals and projects in line with the agreed roadmap
- Create a testing approach in an environment with DevOps, agile, CI/CD, other modern engineering practices, and COTS applications
- Ensure adherence to Test Frameworks, using standardized processes, repositories, and tools
- Evangelize COTS application automated testing and develop flexible methodologies that can be utilized across the various delivery teams within Global IT
- Responsible for the availability of test tools and capabilities
- Define appropriate IT capital / expense budget planning & project resourcing schedules
- Contribute to harmonization of Global IT policies, standards and procedures
- Build strong relationships, working with cross functional teams to coordinate projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements/conflicts and vendor contract negotiation
- Deliver effective people management of team members including hiring, workload management, coaching, development, performance management, discipline and termination
- Maintain team adherence to company and department policies/procedures
- Other duties as assigned by organization leadership
- 15 years of experience, with at least 5 years in a test engineering leadership role
- Previous hands-on work as a test automation engineer, devops engineer, software developer, architect or other technical engineering role
- Clear understanding of test automation, documentation, tools and practices
- Demonstrated experience with software quality assurance, modern testing processes and methodologies
- Experience with static analysis and code coverage tools
- Direct knowledge of native cloud/PaaS/serverless patterns
- Team/Service-oriented ability to lead and manage scrum teams
- Demonstrated experience in agile and DevOps methodologies
- Experienced working with and managing performance of third-party vendors and consultant arrangements in support of projects
- Proven change agent in a complex, rapid growth environment
- Solid understanding of information security, privacy frameworks, and related compliance requirements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technology issues and solutions to non-technical senior leaders and executives
- Ability to establish and manage multiple competing priorities and proceed with objectives with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and be able to effectively handle multiple projects or activities simultaneously
- Knowledge of ITSM, ITIL and SDLC best practices
- Highly collaborative with outstanding relationship building skills
- Experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical, and/or medical device industry highly desirable
- Direct knowledge of 21 CFR Part 11, SOX and software validation processes is highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or related technical or scientific discipline OR equivalent experience
- Relevant certifications highly desired
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.