Senior Manager, Global Commercial Program Management Late Stage
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual who will be responsible for driving the cross-functional execution of commercial activities for an approved brand. The Senior Manager, Global Commercial Program Management will partner with leaders and teams across Commercial, and the broader company, to deliver on strategic Commercial priorities and related projects efficiently and effectively across late-stage phases of the product lifecycle. It is an opportunity to develop broad experiences spanning all commercial functions and manage the interdependencies between marketing, market access, HEOR, market research, and regional affiliates. Future career paths in commercial or PM. The Senior Manager, Global Commercial Program Management will report directly to the Director, Global Commercial Program Management
- Both commercial and PM experience highly desired, but solid candidates in one or the other can be strong candidates
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to coordinate, manage and deliver seamless execution of Commercial strategic objectives
- Provide program management leadership and support for key Commercial activities including functional sub-team and working group meeting support, commercial related regulatory submission planning and management, commercial launch efforts and various commercial projects
- Collaborate with commercial members of program teams to develop and maintain high-quality, integrated project plans that align with overall program and commercialization strategies and drive communication, scenario planning and decision making
- Manage Commercial joint governance and working groups with the alliance partner
- Facilitate the identification, management and communication of key risks and their associated mitigation and contingency plans
- Develop and implement stage appropriate and value-added processes, best practices, and tools (integrated timelines, TPPs, stage gate process, governance, core & sub team processes) to increase efficiency and consistency of Commercial processes/deliverables
- Leverage strong brand and organizational knowledge, leadership, and facilitation skills to optimize team meetings and facilitate effective governance and decision making
- Build and leverage relationships and networks across commercial and the broader company to improve and enhance team dynamics; proactively identifying opportunities and removing obstacles to drive business results
- Advance best practices and contribute to the operational excellence of the commercial department with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure execution of commercial portions of the product timeline and coordinate with other functional and product team PMs
- Bachelor’s degree in biomedical sciences, business or other discipline related to drug development required; advanced degrees (MS, MBA, Ph.D.) desirable
- 5+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, with experience in global cross-functional drug development and/or commercialization
- Commercial knowledge with understanding of relevant functions which may include: Marketing, Market Access, HEOR, Market Research, Forecasting, and Competitive Intelligence
- Excellent business acumen, demonstrated ability to align teams to strategy to achieve business and program objectives
- Experience leading and facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring ongoing alignment with internal/external stakeholders
- A proactive and strategic thinker, with strong facilitation, problem-solving and issue resolution skills
- Highly collaborative with outstanding communication and relationship management skills, and high emotional intelligence
- Adaptive leadership style with ability to influence teams without formal authority
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed global organization
- Late-stage program/project management and/or commercial launch experience highly desirable
- Experience with latest PM tools, software and processes highly valued; PMP certification beneficial
- Experience in biologics and oncology, experience working with corporate partners and alliances is desirable
- The preferred candidate will work out of the Bothell, WA office; a remote role is possible
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.