Director Global Program Manager
Seagen is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual who will be responsible for managing cross-functional product development planning and execution for high priority, late-stage program(s). This position will manage the operations of the Global Product Team and will partner with program and functional leaders, as well as alliance partners to advance programs. The Global Program Manager will report directly to the Senior Director, Program & Portfolio Management.
- Manage the operations of the Global Product Team working in close partnership with Program Team Lead and functional leaders.
- Ensure effective and consistent execution of projects and resolution of issues. Drive program risk management via proactive identification of key risks and facilitation of mitigation and contingency planning.
- Drive program planning and project management, including cross-functional resource planning, financial, due diligence, and capacity assessments.
- Work collaboratively to coordinate, influence, and advise strategic and operational efforts to ensure alignment and seamless execution of the global product strategy.
- Develop and manage high-quality, integrated project plans to drive forward planning and program reporting to support effective decision making and improve decision quality.
- Develop and implement stage appropriate and value-added processes, best practices, and tools (integrated timelines, TPPs, stage gate process, governance, core & sub team processes) to increase efficiency and consistency of global product development and team processes/deliverables.
- Leverage strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership, and facilitation skills to optimize team meetings and facilitate effective governance and decision making.
- Establish a close partnering relationship with functional teams and alliance management to ensure alignment and facilitate efficient program execution.
- Build and leverage relationships and networks to improve and enhance team dynamics; proactively identifying opportunities and removing obstacles to drive business results.
- Provide leadership and integrate efforts amongst Global Product Team functional program managers.
- Advance program and alliance management best practices and contribute to the operational excellence of Seagen's Program Management function with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience, with experience in global cross-functional drug development and late-stage program management preferred.
- Drug Development knowledge with understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Commercial, and Regulatory,
- Excellent business acumen: demonstrated ability to align teams to strategy to achieve business and project objectives.
- Experience leading and facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring ongoing alignment with internal/external stakeholders.
- A proactive and strategic thinker, with strong facilitation, problem-solving and issue resolution skills.
- Highly collaborative with outstanding communication and relationship management skills, high emotional intelligence.
- Experience leading and managing cross-functional program management teams.
- Adaptive leadership style with ability to influence teams without formal authority.
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed global organization.
- Experience in biologics and oncology, experience working with corporate partners and alliances preferred.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree (MS, MBA, Ph.D.) in biomedical sciences, business or other discipline related to drug development highly preferred.
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.