Senior Manager Business Systems - Reporting
This role will lead reporting optimization efforts for the Finance Systems group. This position will support requirements gathering and tool assessment, and liaise with Finance and IT resources for the development, testing, deployment and training of various reporting tools. The reach of this role is wide as it will support not only Finance, but the broader organization as we grow. The ideal candidate has both a technical and functional background, and can apply general accounting and financial reporting experience to develop reporting tools. Additionally, the ability to work cross functionally and to navigate ambiguity as the organization grows will be essential.
- Lead the planning, design, implementation and testing of new reporting tools to support our expansion and growth into a multi-product, multi-national company. Identify and drive initiatives to further leverage financial systems, streamline process flows, and craft systematic methods for efficient data analysis, processing and reporting
- Resolve issues that arise during development and implementation, collaborating with stakeholders to resolve such issues, and providing timely responses and solutions as required
- Work with business process owners and the Financial Planning and Analysis team to define requirements and solutions needed for enhancements to support reporting to all customers of financial information
- Support finance and IT leadership in the development of the finance systems strategy and roadmap; identify future needs, enhancements and upgrades to financial reporting tools across the organization
- Document and maintain policies and procedures related to enterprise data warehouse or other data repositories that serve as sources for our reporting tools. Translate strategic and operational concepts into reporting prototypes, and work with IT to create and maintain data models served from the enterprise data warehouse
- Maintain current knowledge of financial systems technology trends and practices
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the accounting systems design, particularly in relation to data flows
- Work closely with the internal audit and IT teams to ensure the financial systems and reporting are compliant with SOX controls and industry best practices
- Minimum of six years of experience in accounting, finance or commercial Business Intelligence Reporting
- Experience with Concur, Adaptive, Oracle, Noetix, SAP, data warehouse tools and Power BI highly desired
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e., Pivot Charts, Pivot Tables, Formatting, etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL and DAX formula writing skills
- Experience with SQL, SSRS, MS SQL-Server a plus
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing projects
- Excellent communication skills and the ability comfortably operate in an environment with multiple stakeholders at many levels
- Ability to drive decisions, deliver results and meet deadlines while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with the ability to identify potential issues from multiple perspectives
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or technical area
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.