Associate Director HR Process Excellence
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen is seeking a highly motivated individual to lead the process excellence practice for Human Resources. This is a great opportunity to make a difference by streamlining HR processes and improving employee experience. The role will focus on working with cross-functional teams to design and implement lean, human-centered, and effective Global HR processes. The individual will use their analytics skills to identify and solve business problems and drive process improvements. They will also translate business and employee needs into effective and scalable solutions. The individual will work closely with HR functional and technology teams to support the HR transformation strategy. The role will make an impact on our employees and managers and allow them to better focus on our vision of improving lives of people with cancer.
- Develop and communicate a strategic and operational vision for process design and delivery by leveraging expertise in process excellence to drive HR strategic initiatives, roadmap definition, and shared goals within and outside of the team
- Lead process design delivery by managing prioritization, coordinating process reviews with stakeholders and leadership, communicating status, and empowering other teams with tools to improve processes
- Implement repeatable processes that help Seagen HR prioritize, plan, and manage multiple parallel process improvements across the team and our stakeholders
- Define, develop, and advocate for the user-centered design processes and methodologies
- Standardize, socialize, and continuously improve execution across the full process design lifecycle – including generative discovery research, design concepts, usability studies, piloting, post-launch evaluation and iteration
- Implement creative process solutions by leveraging design acumen, high judgement, and knowledge of business and employee experience best practices
- Provide insights around where process delivery happens (transition of work) and ensure quality of output through metrics and inspection
- Identify and drive initiatives to improve ways of working, existing processes and opportunity for transition and transformation
- Develop and track program performance against time and cost saving goals and report on the improvements to the leadership
- Analyze and develop solutions for business problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context to solve for the process gaps
- Drive process improvement projects to completion and success, partnering effectively with supporting teams such HR Technology, HR COEs (Centers of Excellence) and other business stakeholders
- Coach, train and embed reinforcements for the HR Team to deploy transactional lean, variation reduction, and Six Sigma methodologies
- Make trade-offs, balance the business need versus other constraints and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences
- 8+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Lean certification with 5+ years of successful project leadership
- Experience in facilitation of cross-functional teams in transactional business operations and technology process improvement areas
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Minitab, Visio, or equivalent and Microsoft suite
- Ability to balance diverse perspectives, influence, and partner with different levels of the organization and across functions to achieve results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to build and deliver high quality documents and presentations
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with a demonstrated commitment to maintaining a positive work environment
- Solutions oriented approach to with demonstrated ability to balance HR and business objectives
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification
- Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Experience deploying transactional lean, variation reduction, and Design for Six Sigma methodologies
- Experience managing Kaizen schedule, coordinating Kaizen efforts, and ensuring timely project benefit validation
- Facilitation experience at all levels of the organization with both large and small audiences
- Strong analytical thinking skills including the ability to solve ambiguous problems with a self-directed logical and data approach
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.