Business Intelligence Engineer, Europe
As an integral member of our business Intelligence delivery team, the Business Intelligence Engineer role works within teams of internal partners, leadership, and BI Analysts to facilitate and assist in the enablement and the transformation of data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. They provide engineering, solutions, best practices, and policies to support the creation of reports that are accurate, congruent, reliable, and easily accessible.
The role works with teams in the planning and implementation of solutions, feature activation, performance tuning, best practices, and processes across reporting platforms that enable report developers to complete full life cycle development of report products, and supports the development, deployment, and maintenance of these products. They architect and manage the moderate complex creation of data and semantic layers external to enterprise data warehouses, including both the design of datasets, Power BI dataflows, business-facing DataMart’s, and the processes used to populate these structures with data from internal and external sources. This role also interacts with various development teams, project managers, internal and external customers, senior management, and external vendors.
They must have a general understanding of the business environment in the areas of finance, commercial and medical affairs, strong analytical and communication skills, and a clear understanding of the architecture and features of the enterprise’s reporting platform. Individuals must work well within a team environment. The role will ensure all products created following reporting Standards and Guidelines at Seattle Genetics, and play a key role in the ongoing evolution and modernization of these Standards and Guidelines.
- Coordinate with customers, Business Analysts, BI Analyst, and DW Architects to implement business data reporting and analysis requirements
- Mentor BI Analyst in business report generation
- Lead data administration, modeling and integration activities using the enterprise data warehouse and other systems to implement, scale, and extend the business intelligence reporting layer(s)
- Implement business intelligence solutions to achieve data reporting and analysis goals
- lead the development of business intelligence standards to meet business goals
- Support Analysts with new data requirements, analysis strategies and reporting mechanisms
- Recommend enhancements and modifications to optimize business intelligence processes
- Address business intelligence queries and issues in a timely fashion
- Create and maintain documentation(s) for implemented business intelligence processes
- Implement solutions and strategies to address operational business challenges
- Be a leader in Business Intelligence and Reporting efforts. Mentor and provide input to team members and other analysts to execute on the team's vision, design and execute projects from start-to-finish, inform technical direction, and support reporting of accomplishments
- Experience and/or formal education in bioinformatics / computational biology as well as software engineering
- Proficiency in Power BI, Tableau, Oracle Analytics, and Python for both data analysis and software engineering
- Experience with relational (SQL) and document (NoSQL) database design, data modelling and data warehousing would be preferred
- Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of own discipline
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advanced Seattle Genetics business
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 3 years of experience, Master’s Degree or equivalent education and typically 1 years of experience
- Background in life sciences or work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred