Director VAP, UK&IRL
Seagen is preparing to launch tucatinib, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), for HER2+ metastatic breast cancer patients in Europe.
In this role as Director, Value Access and Pricing UK & Ireland (UKI), you will lead development and execution of the UKI Market Access strategy for the company’s oncology pipeline. Specifically, the incumbent will lead efforts in assessing and communicating to external and internal stakeholders the market access requirements of UKI for oncology, contributing to and shaping the overall value strategy for our brands throughout the lifecycle. The position will drive delivery of HTA submissions, P&R negotiations, and will be responsible for helping translate relevant developments into meaningful guidance and strategic advice. The position will report into the GM, Nordics & UK, and collaborate closely with the Head of VAP for Europe – a dotted line manager for this role.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved from the very start in building something new for an emerging biotech leader. We are offering a role that is part of a UKI team where everyone’s contribution counts, with many opportunities to interact with colleagues across Europe and at our global headquarters.
- Identify, analyze, develop, and implement recommendations and strategies regarding P&R policy and challenges important to company’s product portfolio aligned with European Pricing and Access Strategy
- Secure endorsement and approval to local pricing and access strategy and tactics from GM and regional Value Access and Pricing Head
- Execution of national, regional and local market access strategies with external stakeholders and payors in close collaboration with Medical and Marketing colleagues
- Analyze, synthesize, and translate technical P&R information, including coverage and reimbursement policies, into meaningful decision points, recommendations, and tactics to ensure timely approval of critical milestones
- Develop local market access plans as part of the European Value Access and Pricing Group in coordination with Medical and Commercial functions
- Champion the P&R requirements for UKI Commercial Operations throughout launch and commercialization and ensure alignment between all stakeholders internally as to prioritized needs
- Contribute to local and regional strategy discussions and communication efforts with relevant external stakeholders including key government agencies and organizations
- Partner in development of European and potentially Global value access & pricing deliverables, working in close collaboration with regional and global functions and external vendors, e.g. with HEOR modelling and real world evidence activities
- Drive development of UKI market access deliverables including HTA submissions; negotiation strategies, and country-level regional and local market access tactics to secure continued reimbursement in alignment with European VAP Strategy and Plan
- Master the reimbursement processes in England, Scotland, and Ireland and execute outreach and engagement plans for key payers and their influencers on national and regional levels; as appropriate conduct local payer advisory board meetings to inform and shape overall market access goals and objectives for current and future assets
- Create and maintain a strong contact network with key players and their influencers
- Incorporate and develop strategy for Patient Access programs
- Ensure all activities and plans are executed in alignment with Seagen’s high ethics and compliance standards as well as with local laws and regulations.
- Degree in Health Economics, Health Research, Pharmacy or a relevant related discipline
- 8+ years of experience within the field of Market Access, Health Economics, Outcomes Research
- Strong network of relevant stakeholders in the England, Scotland and Ireland
- Strong oncology market knowledge from a commercial and clinical studies perspective
- Experience with working across functions and cultures
- Roll up your sleeves attitude
- Innovative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Business fluency in English