Senior Vice President Translational Sciences
Seagen is looking for a Head of Translational Sciences to join our Senior Management team. This executive position will oversee Quantitative Pharmacology & Disposition, Non-Clinical Sciences, Scientific Integration & Strategy, and Translational Diagnostic, Analytics and Biomarkers groups. This team is responsible for leading the transition of the organization’s drug discoveries into early-stage and late-stage development programs with a goal to design trials that will allow the robust evaluation of safety, pharmacokinetics, and on-target activity of new therapeutics in phase 1 development. In addition, the Head of Translational Medicine will work closely with Research to provide guidance on clinical indications, standard treatments, and other aspects of drug development strategy to help inform preclinical evaluation.
This position will report to the Chief Medical Officer in Development and will be based in either Seattle, WA.
- In collaboration with the senior management team, develops the strategy and leads company efforts in translational sciences (transition of the organization’s drug discoveries into early-stage and late-stage development programs) including in vivo Pharmacology, biomarker discovery and IND enabling studies
- Provides leadership to the Quantitative Pharmacology & Disposition, Non-Clinical Sciences, Scientific Integration & Strategy, and Translational Diagnostic, Analytics and Biomarkers groups, nurturing a culture of engagement, respect and high performance within a team environment. Provides leadership, coaching and feedback; mentors and empowers personnel.
- Develops models, both preclinical and clinical, to ensure robust decision making on developability of drug molecules in various therapeutic areas of interest
- Conceives and executes translational strategies to support advancing discovery projects into clinical development programs; providing the link between early research and the clinical.
- Oversees design of proof-of-concept studies and full development for various therapeutic area programs
- Serves as point-person accountable for translational strategy and biomarkers discovery on projects and multi-functional clinical program teams
- Works in conjunction with the biomarker lead to plan and execute a CDx plan as appropriate.
- Develops, manages and implements operating budget for Translational Sciences, ensuring the financial resources are effectively allocated and managed to support achievement of the strategic objectives
- Participates as a key member of Seagen Development Leadership team
- Oversees the development of detailed work plans to incorporate quantitative, objective end points into clinical studies to demonstrate target engagement, pharmacodynamic regulation of pathways of interest, modulation of pharmacologic mechanism and information to aid patient selection
- Advanced degree (MD or PhD) in Translational Medicine, Immunology or related field and 20+ years’ industrial experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to think holistically and long-term across a broad spectrum of industry trends and issues. Ability to envision, shape and communicate long term business objectives and priorities and be able to create competitive and break-through strategies and plans.
- Excellent analytical and conceptual thinking abilities, forward-looking. Out-of-the-box problem solving skills
- Proven history of building relationships and fostering engagement across multiple stakeholders, including the board, senior management, operational levels, suppliers, and business partners.
- Exceptional leadership skills and the ability to mentor and develop strong contributors. A track record of inspiring and aligning organizations around goals and contributing as an active role model in company values
- Experience collaborating with biologists and chemists to generate in-vivo target validation data and establishing PK/PD and biomarker correlations.
- Experience with identifying relevant translational disease models and applying them to meet program goals
- Multiple examples of partnering with drug discovery to identify and develop candidates.
- Strong track record of meeting and exceeding goals. Demonstrated ability to drive steep change as well as incremental, continuous improvements in quality, efficiency and growth through change initiatives and vigorous leadership
- Sound business acumen with a practical, results-oriented leadership style that can translate innovate, creative strategies and conceptual thinking into action plans.
- Demonstrated high level of integrity and ethics
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.