Manager Corporate Security – Physical Security
Seattle Genetics (SeaGen) is seeking a Corporate Security Manager (CSM), Physical Security. In this newly created role, the CSM will have the responsibility to aid in the development of a robust worldwide security program to secure personnel, facilities, and intellectual property. The main focus of this role will be to develop and promote tactical and proactive security strategies that facilitate compliance, reduce friction, remove roadblocks, and promote innovation.
The CSM will administer these security strategies through the application of security best practices, physical security access controls, alarm response/monitoring, investigations, vulnerability assessment and all governance, compliance, and risk aspects of corporate security. This role will collaborate with external groups (e.g., federal, state, local law enforcement and emergency services) as well as partner with cross-functional groups/internal stakeholders.
- Manage site physical security to include corporate security relationship of third-party guard service, as well as site physical security assessments and audits
- Administration of the Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) in coordination with third-party guard service to include real-time monitoring (cameras/alarms) of all sites worldwide to ensure quick response to security threats
- Work with vendors and contractors to assist with physical security design and buildouts of current and new facilities, to ensure minimum physical security design standards are followed
- Conduct investigations into security incidents including camera review and completion of appropriate documentation, typically in coordination with HR or Legal
- Monitor, audit, and oversee building access controls to ensure all employees, onsite vendors, and contractors have the right access and understand policy. This would include real time monitoring as well as conducting regular audits
- Monitor and respond to facility and building alarms and follow process and procedures to ensure physical security teams and appropriate staff are aware and responding in a timely manner
- Assumes direct on the scene management of any major incident such as fire, accident, or serious workplace incident until relieved by appropriate senior management and/or external emergency personnel
- Work with outside consultants and vendors as appropriate for independent security audits
- Primary liaison between corporate security and EHS
- Work with Director of Corporate Security to implement an overall corporate security program including programs for the physical security of employees and visitors
- Minimum of five years of security experience with a corporation and/or law enforcement, military, intelligence, or private security organization
- Minimum of three years of experience working within a security operations center and/or supervising a site physical security team within a corporate or government agency environment, in a rapidly growing organization preferred
- Possess good business acumen
- Demonstrated experience and expertise with mitigating security risks, threat management, loss prevention, security technology integration, incident response, and contract/vendor management & oversight
- Insider threat program experience and/or CERT Carnegie Mellon Certificate
- Corporate investigations experience
- Executive protection experience
- Familiarity with confidential security programs to include innovative technology and processes
- The ability to be flexible and work through the absence of established processes
- Ability to partner with internal stakeholder groups as well as a variety of vendors/contractors to deliver and implement change
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills
- The ability to be on call 24/7 to respond to company-related security incidents and to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- The ability to successfully deal with ambiguity and operate in the grey
- The ability to successfully earn/build trust with relevant stakeholders, colleagues, and peers
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.