Manager Human Resources
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
At Seagen, our HR Managers serve as trusted advisors to mid-level people managers and their teams to create a positive employee experience. They operate and are valued as HR experts and change agents, having sound acumen in anticipating and diagnosing moderately complex issues and collaborating with the business and across HR to design and implement integrated people solutions that address near term organization opportunities. They have a solid understanding of Seagen HR programs, processes, and policies, as well as regional or national employment law, and bring an informed point of view to HR related matters. A key area of focus for the HR Manager is to increase Seagen people manager capability, which enables managers to be more self-sufficient and effective in leading high performing teams.
This HR Manager role serves as an influential partner to mid-level leaders in the Technical Operations and Process Sciences division as they onboard, assess, manage, and develop their teams and people. This role also works closely with the HRBPs and HRBP Leads in diagnosing, designing, and implementing more complex organizational design and development efforts.
- Effectively manages and resolves complex Employee Relations issues with a moderate to high level of risk to Seagen, including investigations, disciplinary action, performance improvement plans & exit management. Partners with people managers on the end-to-end resolution of concerns with high-level guidance and oversight from HRBP Lead.
- Partner with mid-level people managers on all talent related activities from selection through onboarding in ways that support the development of high potential talent and highly effective teams
- Encourage people managers to create a culture of equity and inclusion, prepare for performance and development conversations, and increase engagement of key talent. Utilize Talent Development tools and programs as appropriate to further drive collective education and manager effectiveness. Collaborate with HRBPs and the Talent Development team to anticipate and address emerging needs
- As a subject matter expert to coach, train and guide managers on company-wide Talent Management processes and tools, including compensation planning, and during off cycle and exception compensation requests, effectively applying deep knowledge of Seagens’s compensation philosophy to address business needs and drive equitable outcomes
- Drive employee engagement programs and support managers with tools or action planning to drive improvements in ways that align with current and future business needs (e.g., Career Pathways, Employee Engagement survey action plans)
- Provide support and guidance to HR Business Partners and people leaders on change initiatives; execute change plans locally working with Legal Finance and other stakeholders as appropriate. Provide the tools, framework, and support to ensure change initiatives are successful
- Advise managers on moderately complex people matters that require sound knowledge of HR policies, procedures and local legislation, considering geographic differences at the country or region level, as necessary
- Analyze data and trends across the company and/or for assigned client groups, to inform business initiatives and strategies, typically in partnership with HRBP or COE. Proactively identify hot spots related to overall organizational effectiveness and health (e.g., diversity recruiting, turnover, promotion rates, etc.) and propose actions to address and prevent recurrence
- Act as stewards of the employee experience and Seagen “culture keepers.” Be the point of contact and Program Manager for people tools, processes, programs or projects on behalf of the HR function, e.g. company-wide diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts. Provide support for site related activities, when necessary, to support engagement and culture related activities
- Min 5+ years of relevant Human Resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree and/or HR certification preferred
- Good judgment and ability to build trusted partnerships and work effectively with people at various levels
- Understands employment legal practices and policies of the respective country and basics of HR administration
- Strong business and HR acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking and analysis
- Strong communication skills; excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in influencing, coaching and consulting managers
- Ability to demonstrate and foster collaboration among peers and extended HR
- Experience in working in a highly matrixed organization
- Project management and execution skills
- Experience navigating and leveraging HR data analytics
- Ability to strategically prioritize time and problem solve against most impactful work
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment and able to manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Possesses intellectual curiosity; brings insight into the team & business
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.