Senior Manager Compensation
This position’s primary goal is to provide compensation consulting to HR Team members (HRBPs and Talent Acquisition) and business leaders and to administer the Company’s compensation programs for a segment of the business, ensuring internal and external equity of all direct compensation programs including base salary, incentive compensation, and equity plans. The successful incumbent is also a partner with the Director of Compensation in providing insight and ideas on how to ensure the compensation programs align with the company’s business objectives, vision, and values. This position is an important member of the team leading the compensation and equity planning processes for their business groups. This position serves as an experienced consultant to management on total compensation related issues and may be responsible for projects and initiatives from time-to-time that have an impact on the broader organization. The incumbent is required to influence the thinking of others and, together with the Director of Compensation, drive positive change in our compensation programs.
- Responsible for analysis and administration of the company’s compensation plans for a segment of the business, ensuring internal and external equity of all direct compensation programs including base salary, incentive compensation and equity plans
- Partner with HRBPs to ensure the proper job pricing is done for all roles
- Monitor and create functional salary structures as needed
- Act as internal consultant to recruiting staff and business partners, regarding compensation programs, policies, and practices, and partner with them to resolve issues
- Facilitate merit, bonus, and equity planning and review process to ensure aims are met for your clients
- Monitor competitive trends in compensation/total rewards, identify the organization’s position, devise and implement solutions in order to recruit, retain, reward, and support employees
- Monitor the success of our compensation programs to ensure their design serves their stated purposes
- Provide guidance and support for a wide range of compensation and HR related projects
- Serve as a coach and mentor to other positions within the department
- Primary interactions are within Research & Development as well as appropriate business leaders for your clients
- Minimum of 7 years of compensation related experience; knowledge of Research & Development within the pharmaceuticals and/or biotech industry highly preferred
- Advanced Excel knowledge and experience working with and writing formulas, V-look-up, Pivot Tables, etc.
- Excellent oral, written, mathematical, and project management skills with adherence to deadlines
- Working knowledge of HRIS, preferably SAP/SuccessFactors, or a comparable system as well as MarketPay
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of federal and state wage and salary laws and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively in a team environment and with all levels of management
- Ability to work onsite post-Covid, this is not a ongoing remote role
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CCP or other related designations preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.