Senior Talent Acquisition Partner
Seattle Genetics is a global multi-product biotechnology company that develops and commercializes innovative targeted therapies for the treatment of cancer. The company’s industry leading antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology harnesses the targeting ability of antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. In addition to three marketed products (two over the past 10 months), we are advancing a robust product pipeline of novel therapies for solid tumors and blood-related cancers designed to address significant unmet medical needs. Through internal research and development, collaborations and scientific innovation, we are committed to improving treatment outcomes for patients.
This position will manage the full life-cycle recruiting process for scientific and technical positions. This role requires a demonstrated ability to source passive candidates for hard-to-fill positions, and effectively partner with internal stakeholders (HRBPs, the compensation team, and hiring managers) to deliver a positive recruiting experience to candidates and clients. In addition to recruiting, this position will contribute to process improvements and lead projects to help the Talent Acquisition team with continuous improvement.
- Take ownership of requisition load and full life-cycle recruiting process for a functional group or groups (~12-16 openings at a given time)
- Partner with managers to develop job specifications, a sourcing strategy, how to “sell” the opportunity to passive candidates, and a timeline appropriate for the position
- Utilize innovative sourcing techniques and leverage technology to find active and passive candidates, and establish a network of talent and resources
- Develop sourcing plans to fill open positions and strategies to create a consistent pipeline of “warm” candidates for certain positions
- Manage the applicant flow process, coordinate interviews with scheduler and hiring manager to facilitate onsite interviews, and follow-up appropriately
- Interview candidates and facilitate/participate in the selection decision process
- Partner with HRBPs, the compensation team, and hiring managers to make recommendations on job offers, get necessary approvals, and facilitate making the offer to candidates
- Ensure recruitment efforts are conducted in a manner that is unbiased and compliant with all policies and legislation, in addition to following best practices for applicant tracking, interviewing and hiring
- May assist in the compilation and/or preparation of reports, statistics, graphs and/or files for the Human Resource function
- Lead special recruiting-related projects and contribute to the continuous improvement of the recruiting infrastructure
- Work with recruitment agencies and other third party vendors as needed
- Provide training and coaching on recruiting and selection process
- At least 5 years’ experience as a full-life-cycle recruiter, with at least 2 years in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Bachelor’s Degree (Human Resources or Business preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of recruiting techniques and sourcing strategies, and ability to research new tools and resources
- Strong sourcing approach with ability to dive deep into searches for hard-to-fill reqs
- Experience partnering with hiring managers, interviewers and team members throughout the hiring process
- Sharp interviewing skills with ability to screen and assess talent for both technical and soft-skill qualities
- Strong project and process management skills; must be able to multitask and bring tasks through to completion with minimal supervision
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence without authority
- Ability to provide sound advice to hiring managers based on subject matter expertise, and being comfortable interfacing with senior hiring leaders
- Must be able to work in a team environment, with a sense of urgency and the ability to prioritize
- Basic knowledge of compensation concepts, benefits, equity compensation, and relocation benefits required
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, job boards, social media sites, etc.
- Knowledge of applicable employment laws and practices (i.e. OFCCP, AA, EEO)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.