Senior Manager IT Operations - ETS
Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) is seeking an IT Operations professional to support the ETS leadership team and manage activities and programs within this broad effort. This role requires critical thinking around key operational issues, organizational processes and procedures, and communication, while enabling effective planning and execution. This position is both strategic and facilitative, requiring a willingness to play a very active role, aiding ETS and specifically the ETS Leadership Team, to further fulfill the division’s objectives as well as corporate objectives worldwide. This role executes on prioritized initiatives leading program delivery for transformational efforts.
This position partners with the Executive Director of ETS and ETS Leadership to design, build and implement programs supporting technology vision and direction globally. This is an important role, designing solutions, processes and enabling Seagen to achieve key objectives in the areas of effective IT management and process optimization. This position is responsible for the execution of multi-year plans that align with Seagen’s and IT’s strategic goals, working with ETS Leadership to plan and support the establishment of ETS strategy across the ETS Department. They support the development and deployment of challenging initiatives working under the guidance of the Executive Director of ETS. This role implements efficient cross-functional models that support the ability to assess, plan, design, implement, measure, and anchor new capabilities within the organization utilizing disciplined and integrated thinking and practices. Ultimately these capabilities will support the continued evolution of Seagen’s organization and culture in support of achieving consistent and predictable business results.
- Program Management including prioritization, and advancement of initiatives; monitor progress and communicate updates to internal teams and external stakeholders
- Advise, report on, and support execution of initiatives, priorities, and corporate and departmental goals to ensure alignment with desired outcomes
- Partner with stakeholders to proactively identify and work to resolve potential challenges
- Support key meetings, manage topic flow, generate agendas, facilitate meetings, and document/communicate meeting outcomes
- Partnering with IT Leaders, execute on IT strategy across the ETS Department, in alignment with corporate objectives
- Partner with the ETS extended leadership team to design and deliver IT operational excellence that meet and exceed Seagen’s expectations
- Partnering closely with the IT Change Management Office to strategize and execute communications for ETS efforts across and facilitate communications across IT groups, user, and other communities
- Support the thought processes to establish new functions in the organization and provide analytical and decision support across a wide range of topics including but not limited to portfolio analysis, expense management, operations, and risk management
- Inspiring Service, Teamwork, and Accountability – Serving as a model for new and existing leaders. Providing guidance across the IT Organization
- Supporting a Culture of Continuous Improvement – Acting as an internal coach and consultant, identifying opportunities to remove process waste and scale automation and performance metrics across the organization
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience consulting and/or industry experience in a fast-paced environment (Technology/Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry preferred)
- Strong initiative with the ability to manage projects of varying complexity and timelines simultaneously Ability to package and syndicate a message, garner support, drive and document vision / strategy, plan & organize, providing progress on multiple projects
- Effective leader with solid interpersonal skills including the ability to build trust, influence, and relationships across a large and diverse group
- Ability to consider a problem abstractly and develop an approach that meets strategic goals
- Track record of successfully navigating within varying degrees of ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- High standards of excellence and exceptional attention to detail
- Self-starter who identifies and helps solve problems and can deal with ambiguity. Ability to take independent action, working with a high-level problem or concept, developing the right next steps to propose resolution and ensuring successful outcome
- Information Technology acumen and proven leadership skills
- Balance creativity and innovation against practical / cost effective approaches
- The ability to capture the confidence of the organization in presenting new ideas or solutions through the ability to factually resolve conflicts and differences of opinion in a respectful yet assertive way
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (written/verbal), including the ability to explain technology solutions in business terms, establish rapport and persuade others, and articulate information in the appropriate media
- Expertise in the following tools: Microsoft Office suite, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project); Microsoft Outlook email; Visio; various Business Intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Smart Sheets, etc.)
- Willingness to travel, including internationally (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline with MBA or related Masters-level degree preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.