Medical Director Early Stage Development
Seagen is an emerging global multi-product biotechnology company that develops and commercializes innovative antibody-based therapies for the treatment of cancer. The company’s industry-leading antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology harnesses the targeting ability of antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. In addition to one marketed product, we are advancing a strong product pipeline of novel targeted therapies for solid tumors and blood related cancers designed to address significant unmet medical needs and improve treatment outcomes for patients. More information about Seagen can be found at www.seattlegenetics.com.
This position will report to the VP Early Stage Development. They will have the opportunity to work directly on novel early stage development programs within the Seagen’s portfolio, function as a scientific and medical resource within the clinical department at Seagen, and serve as a Global Development Lead for first-in-human oncology trials. The successful candidate should have demonstrated proficiency in leading clinical trials and supporting development programs, and show demonstrated success at managing relationships across collaborations and with the external clinical community.
- Contribute to the strategic development of early stage programs from pre-IND to end of Phase 1 proof of concept
- Development of clinical protocols and amendments, investigator brochures, and clinical study reports
- Lead clinical study teams and provide appropriate medical monitoring for ongoing clinical studies
- Collaborate with research and translational sciences to interpret how preclinical and nonclinical data may inform clinical strategy
- Evaluation of safety, pharmacology, and efficacy data from ongoing and completed studies
- Prepare manuscripts, abstracts and presentations for scientific meetings and advisory boards.
- Conduct literature reviews and prepare summaries to support clinical development programs
- Medical resource for design and interpretation of clinical and preclinical programs to support existing and new development candidates
- Oversight and potential management of Clinical Scientist(s) to support trial activities
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a strong leadership presence and the ability to work effectively with other clinical and scientific leaders
- Demonstrates a passion for helping patients with cancer and for the science of oncology
- Has a collaborative style with internal company leadership, external development partners and investigators/medical professionals
- Is a team player, works well in a team environment both as a leader and a key contributor
- Has a global perspective and mindset, with the ability to work effectively with colleagues from myriad cultures, backgrounds and geographies
- MD or MD/PhD
- Clinical oncology experience; Board certification in oncology or hematology preferred
- 2+ years industry experience in oncology drug development preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.