Senior Data Scientist
commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join IT’s Data Science and AI team. The mission of our team is to enable data driven decisions across Seagen by ensuring that teams have access to the expertise, technology platforms, and reliable, reusable, and cataloged data in a discoverable and timely fashion to support achieving their goals.
The Senior Data Scientist will partner with our business teams to perform a thorough analysis of their needs with respect to data science workflows and processes while identifying functional and non-functional requirements for technology or process solutions. Additionally, they will utilize their skill set to develop data pipelines and advanced analytics solutions as needed to support business teams. The role will create a strong partnership with business and technical teams to collaborate on application solutions with respect to value, quality, and end-user experience. Through their work, the Sr. Data Scientist will develop subject matter expertise in how Seagen teams use data, applications, and platform functionality and features.
The ideal candidate is adept at manipulating, cleaning, and analyzing large datasets over multiple domains, and is experienced at using a variety of machine learning and other predictive techniques to provide actionable insights. They must be comfortable with ambiguity and able to converse with stakeholders to understand data and business problems. They must also be proficient in one or more programming languages and must have familiarity with software development tools and processes.
- Understand user requirements for how data is used to make decisions. Includes process mapping, optimization, and technology enablement
- Apply strong data science expertise and a systems analysis methodology to help guide solution analysis, working closely with both business and technical teams, with consideration of both technical and non-technical implications and trade-offs
- Extract data from various data sources; perform exploratory data analysis, cleanse, massage, and aggregate data
- Design, develop, and maintain large scale data processing pipelines to iteratively provide insights at scale using cloud computing capabilities such as Databricks
- Use machine learning techniques to build models that address business needs while promoting and advocating for the value of advanced modeling techniques
- Collaborate cross functionally with other data scientists, statisticians, and business analysts to define business problems and implement scalable solutions
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Lead and own technical engagement with identified business teams, developing strong partnerships based on trust, transparency, and delivery
- Help support day to day activities of the data science team’s platforms; this may include creating knowledge base articles, updates to platform manuals and documentation, best practices and guidance, and diagnostics of issues that are raised
- Organize or lead demos, and user acceptance reviews while working with the technical team on the creation of design documents and artifacts
- May drive the project management of smaller projects, lead responsibility for analysis work streams within projects of significant size or impact
- Collaborate with others on the team and business teams to deliver new, innovative solutions to Seagen users by providing thought leadership while participating in Seagen data communities
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills, including the ability to adjust workstyle and communication to match an audience; across leadership, non-technical teams, and data scientists
- Ability to communicate to technology savvy customers and a strong understanding of data science workflows, techniques, and technologies
- Experience performing root cause analysis on a variety of data formats to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Deep data analysis experience working with both structured and unstructured datasets
- Familiarity with custom development, open-source products implementation, systems integration and GCP or Azure cloud capabilities
- Business requirement elicitation techniques, options prioritization and analysis, translation to technical functional and non-functional requirements, solution design, test planning, change management, vendor management
- Proven experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata management, dependency, and workload management
- Experience with creating clear solution strategies, policies, procedures, and system documentation
- Experience with facilitating small teams, guiding work delivery and quality
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Informatics, Data Science, or related field
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.