Associate Director, Market Research - Pipeline Insights
The Associate Director, Pipeline Insights will lead market insights activities for Seattle Genetics’ emerging pipeline and life cycle opportunities for currently marketed brands.
The incumbent will be responsible for insights generation through primary and secondary market research and commercial analysis, focused on informing the organization of key opportunities and potential barriers for pipeline assets and life cycle opportunities. The Associate Director will collaborate as a member of internal cross-functional project teams and work to embed an external market point-of-view into key pipeline and life cycle decisions.
The incumbent will report to the Director, Market Research and will be a member of the Global Market Insights team.
- Support strategic decision making across functional areas for prioritized pipeline assets and life cycle opportunities
- Provide an objective commercial viewpoint based on an in-depth understanding and analysis of available information
- Monitor changes in market dynamics and competition; provide recommendations on product differentiation strategies
- Triangulate market data and provide actionable insights to support key business decisions
- Support assumptions and alignment of forecast inputs for pipeline assets and life cycle opportunities
- Partner with Commercial, Clinical Development, Business Development, Medical Affairs, Research, Therapeutic Area teams, Finance, Manufacturing, and other internal functions to develop insights
- Employ primary and secondary market research techniques to accomplish the above. Collect and assess market data and identify the implications
- Effectively present insights to cross-functional teams and leadership
- Project examples include:
- Evaluation of target product profiles through qualitative market research with healthcare provider
- Qualitative and/or Quantitative market research to assess potential future demand
- Usage of syndicated databases to assess market size, treatment patterns, and competitive landscape
- Primary and secondary research to inform disease landscape considerations, buying process, and patient journey across a variety of disease settings
- Collaborate with Global Marketing to understand key business questions and design research to address business needs
- When appropriate partner with Global Market Insights teams, Forecasting, Competitive Intelligence, Commercial Data & Analytics, and when needed MR program lead to help synthesize all available commercially oriented information about asset in question to produce a comprehensive point of view. Identify informational gaps with colleagues, plan, and coordinate efforts to address those gaps
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in biotech/pharmaceuticals and/or management consulting required; 6 – 8 years of related experience preferred
- Oncology or Hem/Onc expertise preferred
- New Product planning expertise preferred
- Cross-functional collaboration skills. Ability to work with people at different levels from various parts of the organization and represent the Market Research, Global Market Insights, and/or Commercial functions in various cross-functional settings
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, act without having the total picture, and effectively pose questions to collect information required for decision-making
- Steep learning agility
- Demonstrated ability to flex quickly across various disease settings
- Strong problem-solving skills to address situations with organizational and operational complexity
- Adept communication skills, including persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to summarize complex issues concisely, anticipating questions and presenting compelling storyboards that are well-supported and complete
- Comfortable working with senior management. Understands how senior management thinks and makes decisions; can speak their language and address their needs
- Experience managing market research, data, and analytics vendors
- Experience facilitating research in LATAM and Pan Asia preferred
- Undergraduate degree required, science or business-related focus is preferred
- Graduate degree in market research, business, public health or related field preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.