Director Cancer Cell Signaling
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Senior leader within the Cancer Target Discovery (CTD) team responsible for leading initiatives to support the executions and diversification of our IND pipeline. Candidate will be responsible for innovating, creating the strategy, allocating resources, prioritizing efforts, and aligning with leaders in research, TS, and development to deliver programs to the IND pipeline. Candidate will be a subject matter expert and will lead and mentor a team focused on a scientific area of expertise to support discovery efforts across Therapeutic Discovery Research (TDR). Candidate will be part of the TDR leadership team responsible for crafting the long-range vision and strategy of CTD and TDR. Candidate is responsible for communicating complex scientific ideas to senior leaders and crafting scientific documents to inform internal and external key opinion leaders.
This position requires onsite work with hybrid opportunities.
- Responsible for leading preclinical research activities across the Cancer Target Discovery organization to deliver a pipeline of novel therapeutics
- Accountable for creating therapeutics that leverage oncogenic pathway disruption to expedite our IND engine and build diversity within our technology platforms
- Expert in cancer cell signaling and discovery to lead, develop, and mentor a team of SME’s focused on key biological areas of oncology
- Independently manages work across the research organization. Plans and align resources aimed at expanding our understanding of target biology, therapeutic MOAs, and model development to create best or first in class therapeutics
- Supervise early and later stage preclinical project teams to ensure delivery of key research activities necessary for making efficient go/no go program decisions
- Collaborate with cross functional leaders and teams to translate early preclinical discovery research into therapeutic candidates
- Coordinate with business development to establish strategic external collaborations/ MTAs and foster new research projects and programs.
- PhD with 10+ years of experience in biotechnology and/or postdoctoral research focused on discovery and drug development in a leadership role
- 7+ years of progressive experience in driving preclinical discovery and development research
- 6+ years leading and directly managing teams within the biotech space. Ability to give feedback, coach, mentor, and develop employees
- Ability to absorb and integrate information and succinctly relay critical information to relevant stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge and expertise in preclinical drug discovery and understanding of the oncology landscape
- Subject matter expert in cancer cell signaling pathways with experience delivering and executing on novel biology for both traditional ADC and IO therapeutics
- Experience building and leading high-functioning scientific teams, with the ability to give feedback, coach, and mentor
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong collaborator across teams and a variety of disciplines; effective at building alliances across functions
- Ability to think strategically and proactively identify problems and devise solutions that move the projects forward
- Skilled at adapting and adjusting to a rapidly evolving environment
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.