Quality Control Supervisor, Chemistry
The Supervisor, Quality Control Chemistry will manage personnel in the QC Chemistry testing group at the North Creek manufacturing facility. The Supervisor will be responsible for implementing the strategies approved by QC management and ensuring operational success and managing toward those milestones. The Supervisor will also manage one or more individuals that help them to meet their operational targets.
- Managing personnel by overseeing day-to-day tasks, training, goal setting and career development
- Applying the principles of good manufacturing practices (GMP) on a daily basis
- Leading investigations and troubleshooting
- Leading and influencing laboratory analysts
- Performing and reviewing Quality Control testing for raw materials and chemistry samples
- Completing performance reviews of staff
- Analyzing and compiling data and preparation of reports
- Creating and revising standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as needed
- Identifying and leading continuous improvement projects
- Leading special projects on analytical methods and instrument problem solving
- Authoring and owning deviations, CAPAs and Change Controls
- Serving as SME for test methods or other areas of expertise in raw materials/chemistry
- Representing QC as SME for regulatory inspections and internal audits
- Representing QC in cross-functional teams, including inter-departmental
- Fully comply with company health and safety procedures and practices
- Weekend, on-call and shift work may be required
- 8+ years relevant experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree in a relevant science field
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstration of leadership within a laboratory environment
- 5+ years hands-on experience testing in a regulated environment (GMP, GLP, etc.)
- Possess strong data interpretation, method troubleshooting skills and sound scientific judgement
- Strong time management skills with attention to detail and desire to achieve team and individual goals
- People management skills to coach employees in day-to-day performance, goal setting and career development
- 1+ years or supervisory experience
- 3+ years hands-on experience in sampling and testing with raw materials/chemistry methods, such as USP/EP/JP compendial methods, FT-IR/NIR/Raman, HPLC and UV-Vis.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or related field
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.