Senior Strategy Manager
We are looking for an experienced Senior Strategy Manager to support our Technical Operations and Process Sciences (TOPS) organization’s long-term strategy and development to realize our business objectives. The Senior Strategy Manager will partner with the TOPS CTO Chief of Staff and cross functional leadership teams to create a focused vision for the business. The role will work closely with the business units to translate the vision into clear strategic initiatives and achievable goals for the future. If you have a passion for turning business strategies into actionable roadmaps and implementation, this role is for you.
The Senior Strategy Manager will collaborate to assess organizational performance and work to implement processes that improve effectiveness for the future. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable in the business operations of the pharmaceutical process development and manufacturing areas and demonstrate strong strategic thinking, organizational, and analytical skills.
The Senior Strategy Manager will stay abreast of industry trends and business opportunities to put forward recommendations. The role is focused on consistent business growth and development.
As a Senior Manager in the TOPS Strategy Operations team, you will support the key initiatives and vision for the Technical Operations and Process Sciences organization for the development of the long-term organizational strategy
- Conducting research and analyses of TOPS operational effectiveness
- Assess industry trends and benchmark best practices. Ability to gather internal and external data that will translate into useful and actionable insights for informed strategy formulation. Quantitative and qualitative analyses to solve problems within the business. Data-driven problem solving
- Partner with the business units to formulate short and medium term strategic options
- Identify opportunities. Formulate the strategy and the strategic implementation plan
- Present findings, projections and recommended actions
- Support and guide the decision-making processes
- Planning, implementing and managing proposed recommendations
- Monitoring and reporting on projects and initiatives. Measuring success. Mitigating risks
- Develop stakeholder relationships within TOPS and Seagen resulting in improved cross functional processes
- Timely execution of projects to a high standard
- Aligning departmental goals, processes, and resource allocations with the organizational strategy
- B.S. degree in a scientific field and MBA or related master’s level degree
- Minimum 10 years of industry experience with 5+ of those years in a strategic manager position within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- Solid understanding of business operations and procedures in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology company in the areas of process development, manufacturing and supply chain
- Strong research and analytical abilities. Skilled at analysis reporting, visualization tools (Spotfire/Tableau). Clear, professional quality, engaging, and convincing reports and presentations
- Adept at latest software and innovative tools to enhance facilitation of strategic meetings and decision making processes
- A proven change agent and demonstrated experience in driving transformations, promoting collaborations, facilitating strategic ideas
- Skilled at quickly grasping and assimilating information across multiple business areas to foster fact-based decision-making
- Ability to influence senior business leadership and inspire a cross-functional team in a unified direction
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Attention to details. Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines without compromising quality, and have an ability to remain composed in times of uncertainty
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.