Senior Manager Human Resources Business Partner
The Human Resources team at Seagen is in need of a Sr. Manager, Human Resources Business Partner whose primary accountability will be to provide strong HR business support to key business groups.
Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) work with management to increase the organizational health of the site, business, or organization. They provide leadership in the implementation, development, and execution of human resources (HR) related policies, programs, and guidelines; organizational design; company culture and employee development. They apply knowledge of the business and understanding of business objectives to successfully influence and partner with other groups around the company (legal, finance, recruiting, HR Services, and HR COEs) to advocate for business needs. They consult with employees and managers to address root causes of organizational issues and address employee relations issues with a systematic approach. They coach managers of all levels to increase their capability as managers and as leaders. HRBPs participate in company-wide initiatives and programs while meeting the needs of their businesses. Key skills and abilities of HRBPs include coaching, consulting, facilitation, influencing, communication, process development, analysis, associate/employee engagement, risk evaluation, empathy, problem solving, and high judgment and the ability to use data to make decisions.
As a Sr. Manager, Human Resources Business Partner, this role will be accountable for all HR-related matters within their client groups, including the following:
- Partner with senior leaders on strategic initiatives related to organizational design, change management, employee development and training, performance management and employee relations
- Applies understanding of leadership and values when consulting with employees and managers (i.e.: performance improvement, coaching plans, team meetings, employee development and promotions)
- Initiates and supports client group or site (or multiple site leadership) to develop the culture for that site or business
- Understands key business goals, and business priorities, able to apply to core areas of HR responsibilities in order to prioritize work and set goals
- Provides input into org design discussions (i.e. information about talent for succession planning, attrition risks)
- Work with Total Rewards to drive merit, bonus and stock planning processes, and coach managers on market pricing, differentiation and compensation philosophy
- Ensure clients have retention and development plans in place for key talent. Conduct complex investigations
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers to lead staffing efforts, develop recruitment pipelines and strategies
- Lead company-wide HR programs, policies, and procedures that advance the organization and/or internal talent. May create, deliver and facilitate off-sites
- The successful candidate should have at least seven (7) years of professional Human Resources experience working for a high growth company known for innovative people practices, a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment and collaborative culture. A significant portion of this experience should be in a client facing function and span across HR units including Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, etc.
- Experience in life sciences or biotechnology is preferred but not required
This individual should be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Understand the business and create HR strategies that drive results
- Demonstrated ability to partner with Sr. Leaders to coach, develop and assess key organizational issues, and develop solutions that optimize the employee experience as well as the organizational health
- Experience introducing best in class HR processes or initiatives and driving change within their client organization
- Knowledge of market analysis, job pricing, job leveling, and other technical fundamentals of compensation management
- Fully conversant on all benefits and employment law (e.g. Medical/Rx, 401k, ESPP, STD, FMLA, LTD, Life); able to provide input into other areas of HR in relation to business needs
- Exceptional consultative skills and ability to resolve issues
- Ability to coach and influence employees at all levels throughout the company
- Strong project management and change management skills to effectively design, socialize and execute significant HR and business change
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly
The candidate should have an undergraduate degree and preferably an MBA, MLIR or other advanced degree from a quality graduate program. An SPHR or similar HR credential would also be desired.
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
#LI-DT1 / #LI-AR1