Scientist Antibody Discovery - Molecular & Cellular Technologies
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen Research is seeking a highly collaborative Scientist to support development of antibody-based oncology therapeutics. This individual will be part of the Molecular and Cellular Technologies subgroup within Antibody Discovery. They will contribute intellectually and experimentally to the discovery and validation of new oncology drug candidates. Responsibilities will include sequencing and analysis of antibodies derived from hybridoma and phage display platforms. Furthermore, they will design and generate cell lines for use in antibody screening assays and antibody characterization. The ideal candidate will have a background in antibody sequence analysis and cell line engineering. They should have a record of being a strong innovator, team player, strategist, analytical thinker, and laboratory-based experimentalist.
- Perform NGS and sequence analysis of hybridomas and phage libraries
- Utilize molecular biology concepts to design constructs for use in cell line generation and identify relevant homologs and isoforms of target proteins
- Utilize appropriate gene delivery and editing technologies to engineer cell lines for target overexpression or knockout
- Serve as a subject area expert in molecular biology and cellular biology technologies to train and assist individuals and teams
- Design, execute, troubleshoot, optimize, and interpret experiments while effectively utilizing a variety of laboratory techniques and instruments
- Maintain detailed and accurate laboratory records and present results at group meetings and cross-departmental meetings
- Manage and promote development of Research Associate(s)
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced work environment
- Engage with cross-functional teams to foster collaborations and coordinate outsourced projects
- Cultivate innovation by evaluating and implementing new technologies and optimizing processes
- Build workflows and database infrastructure for request intake, data management, and data democratization
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in biological sciences or relevant field with 10+ years of research experience
- Demonstrated experience in cell line engineering and antibody sequence analysis
- Ability to collaborate across teams and a variety of disciplines
- Uses critical thinking to solve complex problems, address challenges, overcome obstacles and plan for the future
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to identify and absorb critical information and convey it to a variety of audiences
- Applies an understanding of the entire scope of projects and scientific literature to design, implement, and interpret experiments to enable decisions
- Ph.D. in a biology-related field with 2+ years of research experience
- Preference for candidates with experience in antibody drug conjugates, developing antibody-based therapeutics, cell-based assays, flow cytometry, high throughput applications, next generation sequencing, Geneious software, antibody characterization, and antibody engineering
- Record of accomplishments evidenced by conference presentations, publications, and patents
- A passion to identify, evaluate, and implement enabling technologies
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and organize work across multiple projects in alignment with prioritized objectives
- Prior direct management of research associates
- Ability to gain support and commitment for research plans using compelling rationale
- Ability to adapt and adjust to a rapidly evolving environment
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.