Scientist Conjugation Process Development
The Scientist demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others, and independent thought. They implement new ideas and technologies. They plan, design, execute, and analyze work independently. They exercise independent judgment to determine appropriate action. They innovate new approaches by implementing novel concepts from the field to have transformative impact on own projects. They demonstrate ability to present technical information to department or externally. They may supervise the activities of more junior personnel.
- Independently designs, executes, and interprets studies intended to answer a defined question within the defined timeframe. Designs subsequent experiments upon interpretation of data
- Monitors results, identifies problems, and develops solutions
- Facilitates technology/assay transfers internally/externally
- Organizes and presents clear presentations of work at departmental and project meetings. May present at national/international forums
- May represent department on inter-departmental teams
- Authors and reviews technical reports, manufacturing documents, regulatory submissions and publications
- May supervise direct reports. Motivates and supports the career development and technical growth of direct reports. Regularly meets with, sets clear goals and expectations, and provides timely feedback to direct reports
- B.S. and 10+ years; M.S. and 8+ years; Ph.D. and 0-3 years (may include post-doctoral experience)
- Degree in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, or related field
- Direct experience with antibodies, proteins, and/or bioconjugation
- Good understanding of analytical protein characterization (HPLC, IEF, CE-SDS)
- Willingness to work with highly potent cytotoxic molecules
- Experience with tangential flow filtration
- Statistical software use, such as JMP
- Experience with GMP manufacturing
- Familiarity with CMC team function
- Experience with technology transfer to manufacturing
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.