Senior Program Manager
Seagen is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual who will be responsible for supporting cross-functional drug development activities for high priority, late-stage program(s). This position will partner with program and functional leaders and work in close collaboration with the Global Product Team, sub-teams and co-development partners to advance priority programs. The Senior Program Manager will report directly to the Associate Director, Program & Portfolio Management.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to coordinate, influence and manage efforts to ensure seamless execution of the global product strategy
- Provide program and project management leadership and support for key functional activities including functional sub-team and working group meeting support, regulatory submission planning and management and/or commercial launch efforts
- Working in coordination with the Program Team Lead, Global Program Manager and functional leads, develop and maintain high-quality, integrated project plans that align with overall program strategy and drive communication, scenario planning and decision making
- Facilitate the identification, management and communication of key program risks and their associated mitigation and contingency plans
- Develop and implement stage appropriate and value-added processes, best practices and tools (integrated timelines, TPPs, stage gate process, governance, core & sub team processes) to increase efficiency and consistency of global product development and team processes/deliverables
- Leverage strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and facilitation skills to optimize team meetings and facilitate effective governance and decision making
- Build and leverage relationships and networks to improve and enhance team dynamics; proactively identifying opportunities and removing obstacles to drive business results
- Advance program and alliance management best practices and contribute to the operational excellence of Seagen’s Program Management function with a focus on continuous improvement
- Minimum of 7 years of multi-disciplinary experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, with experience in global cross-functional drug development
- Late-stage program/project management, regulatory submission planning and/or commercial launch experience highly desirable; track record of successful submission management preferred
- Drug Development knowledge with understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, Regulatory and Commercial
- Excellent business acumen, demonstrated ability to align teams to strategy to achieve business and project objectives
- Experience leading and facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring ongoing alignment with internal/external stakeholders
- A proactive and strategic thinker, with strong facilitation, problem-solving and issue resolution skills
- Highly collaborative with outstanding communication and relationship management skills, high emotional intelligence
- Adaptive leadership style with ability to influence teams without formal authority
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed global organization
- PMP credential and experience with latest PM tools, software and processes highly valued
- Experience in biologics and oncology, experience working with corporate partners and alliances is desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Advanced degree (MS, MBA, Ph.D.) in biomedical sciences, business or other discipline related to drug development highly preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.