Senior Administrative Assistant
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
As an administrative team, we are a group of individuals that love what we do and enjoy the people we work with. We know that the relationships we build are genuine and positively contributes to our work environment. We are intentional in cultivating a culture that is inclusive, collaborative, and celebrates our individual initiatives.
To be successful in this role you’ll need to be flexible, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and provide exceptional support to the Vice President, Field Medical Affairs, and their division. You’ll be a positive and professional role model in the organization. This position requires strong decision-making skills, be forward-thinking, collaborative, have a reputation for problem-solving, and troubleshooting in an evolving business environment.
- Primary support to Vice President & Senior Directors. Responsible for creating, maintaining the rhythm of the business through proactive planning and execution of administrative support to ensure a seamless experience for leadership and all employees within the division
- Manage and maintain VP’s and SD’s complex calendar on a daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis to ensure accurate scheduling and prioritization
- Organize complex and extensive domestic and international travel, which requires assembling travel packets and arranging all travel logistics
- Timely preparation of expense reports
- Submit requisitions and assist with onboarding new hires
- Assist with expenses in compliance with company policy; review and approve invoices and account reconciliation
- Coordinate NDAs for Field Engagement
- Work with all leadership (Senior Directors, Directors, Associate Directors of Field Medical Affairs) to schedule meetings, maintain meeting cadences, and rescheduling
- Backup support for other admins within team
- Collaborate with other administrative staff to support department and/or company-wide events and various other initiatives as needed
- Assist with other projects, work as needed and assigned
- Adhere to and execute administrative procedures for the team staying within corporate policy
- 5 - 7 years in an administrative role supporting senior management in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
- Ability to apply knowledge of the business and integrate into daily tasks to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are required
- Ability to prioritize work and deliver projects completed and on time while facing multiple distractions and interruptions
- Demonstrates and role models confidence, emotional intelligence, and professionalism
- Ability to pay close attention to detail when working with complex schedules or projects and react with an appropriate sense of urgency to situations or events that require a quick response or turnaround
- Ability to independently problem-solve to quickly resolve issues to maintain business continuity
- The ability to maintain a positive attitude with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities; must work well under pressure
- The desire to learn and grow with the business
- Able to work successfully in a team environment by building effective working relationships internally and externally with all levels of employees with different working styles and perspectives
- Promote the Mission, Vision, and Values of Seattle Genetics in all areas of responsibility
- May require travel up to 2-4 times per year for company events and various projects
- Highly proficient in MS Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.