Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
We are seeking a highly motivated, creative, and experienced synthetic chemist to develop novel small molecule therapeutic agents and antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs). The individual must be passionate about applying organic synthesis to develop new potent payloads, linker technologies, and drug carriers. The chemist must have a strong interest in the interface between chemistry and biology. The successful candidate will work collaboratively within the chemistry department and with researchers across the field of biology to advance oncology therapeutics from concept to clinic.
- Utilize expertise, creativity, and scientific leadership in synthetic and medicinal chemistry to advance ADC technology
- Provide scientific insight and effectively communicate and collaborate across a diverse research department to advance pre-clinical programs
- Expand the capabilities of the chemistry department by implementing new ideas, evaluating chemical and biochemical methodology, and implementing cutting-edge technologies
- Maintain a strong understanding of modern synthetic techniques, develops a background in ADC biology, and publishes impactful research
- Mentor and manage people for performance and scientific growth
- A PhD in chemistry or related field with significant background in organic synthesis
- Demonstrated expertise in synthetic organic chemistry through published work in organic methodology, medicinal chemistry, total synthesis, catalysis, or bioconjugation
- Highly proficient in modern chemistry techniques, including design, synthesis, isolation, purification, and analysis
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- PhD with 0-2 years post-doctoral experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.