Senior Manager Internal Communications
In this role, you will partner with the Head of Internal Communications to help ensure that company-wide initiatives are conveyed effectively and that core objectives – such as awareness or adoption – are achieved with measurable success. This role requires the ability to see the big picture as well as the details as they pertain to a broad audience of staff, including leaders, and various stakeholders across the company. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required as well as the ability to apply critical thinking to communications strategy, messaging, and implementation. This role requires situational adaptability and an ability to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders in a way that builds upon Internal Communications’ reputation as a good partner with expertise that benefits both individual project goals and Seagen as a whole. You will help to develop and pull through the internal communications strategy and bring to life the evolution and journey of Seagen in a way that is palatable to a diverse, global audience through modern communication channels.
Primary responsibilities include executing the internal communications strategy, both broadly across the company and within certain departments requiring strategic internal communications support. This includes leading internal communications planning and execution for key initiatives to ensure content is strategic, informative, and engaging; aligned with Seagen culture, Seagen standards, best practices, and overall internal communications objectives and plans. The role will also work with the Senior Communications Specialist to deliver regular communications channels, such as the newsletter and Intranet.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to understand program objectives and oversee the development and execution of strategic internal communications programs, incorporating change management principles, as needed, to achieve program goals
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are thoughtfully planned, forming connections across functions where possible, and successfully communicated to colleagues and stakeholders, and that metrics are set and met for each
- Work with the Senior Communications Specialist to maintain a strategic and well-balanced internal communications editorial calendar, and to deliver regular internal communications including newsletters and Intranet content
- Manage the work of contract and consulting staff, as needed, and ensure that projects are brought in on budget and on time, and that success metrics are met
- Identify and implement best practices and trends in internal communications and employee engagement, and measurement to help meet team goals
- Minimum of seven years of experience in internal communications or change management roles
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional copywriting and editing skills
- Experience creating communications in the healthcare industry, with an emphasis on biotech or pharmaceutical
- The ability to handle sensitive, confidential communications initiatives and/or projects in line with Seagen policies and biotechnology/pharmaceutical standards
- Proven ability to create and implement comprehensive communications programs that support a corporate strategy and drive employee engagement
- Proven ability to successfully multi-task
- Experience measuring the success/ROI of employee communications programs.
- Demonstrated ability to write for a variety of channels and audiences
- Ability to quickly develop rapport and collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Desire to learn and grow with the business
- Ability to independently problem solve to quickly resolve issues
- Strong familiarity with Office 365 and related collaboration tools
- Knowledge of Sharepoint Online and demonstrated ability to update and strategically manage Intranet content
- Experience in external communications or ex-U.S. communications
- Experience with identifying and successfully implementing internal communications tools and technologies
- Experience with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion principles and communications best practices
- Change management certified or passion for employee engagement and organizational change management
- Able to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously while remaining sufficiently change agile to change direction should strategy require it
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.