Senior Manager, Global Market Access – PADCEV
In the context of a rapidly evolving payer environment, Seattle Genetics is an emerging multi-product global oncology company. With a strong commitment to demonstrate product value to the healthcare system, we are building a sophisticated reimbursement and pricing capability to support optimal market access. The Global Market Access team, within the Global Value Access & Pricing (GVA&P) function, is a team committed to excellence in this capability in order to position Seattle Genetics for continued success.
This global team is responsible for strategic planning of value and access for oncology molecules in development, beginning in Phase I-II and extending throughout commercialization across the Seattle Genetics portfolio. This work also includes lifecycle planning and access strategy for our current brands, Adcetris, PADCEV, and Tukysa. Additionally, the team is responsible for global strategic pricing, including recommendations for global price bands and launch sequence. Each Access Plan integrates coverage and reimbursement, pricing, value evidence, and policy into the development of a strategic plan that supports the overarching commercial position and links to the clinical attributes of the molecule. This plan elucidates and communicates the global strategies and tactics to secure and maintain access throughout the life cycle of a specific molecule.
The Senior Manager will support the Global Access Lead and represent payer insights and requirements for the PADCEV program. He/she will also drive and support cross-functional efforts within Global Value Access & Pricing (GVA&P) in order to support all elements of the access planning process. Key cross-functional stakeholders will include global colleagues in Marketing, Clinical Development, Medical Affairs, Health Economics & Outcomes research, Regulatory, Operations and regional colleagues in US Managed Markets, EU Value Access & Pricing, and Canada. This position is based in Bothell, WA and requires a highly motivated individual that is able to work effectively up, down and across the organization to accomplish objectives.
- Support cross-functional brand-specific value and access efforts including strategy creation, situation analysis, identification of critical success factors, and development of pricing guidance and maintenance of price policy. Ensure alignment across all functions in communication and execution of access strategies and initiatives
- Support development and execution of brand specific value strategy, data generation, messaging and tools for assigned programs
- Support pricing and access assumptions in global revenue forecasts for assigned programs
- Support qualitative and quantitative pricing studies to formulate price policy and contracting strategy
- Oversee and conduct relevant payer market research and integrate clinical, market and payer information to further improve access plan and communication approach
- Collaborate with Marketing and the Commercial Training & Development team training to develop payer plan of action, tools and training
- Assist with brand strategic planning and quarterly business reviews for assigned programs
- Support US oncology sales teams and Managed Markets as needed; effectively triage and address escalated payer/value related questions and issues
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, including previous experience in a payer role or in international (ex-US) assignment and/or Business Development and/or product commercialization and/or pharmaceutical pricing
- Strong understanding of the payer environment for oncology in major countries, including coverage and reimbursement, pricing, HTA
- Experience regarding pricing & access for pipeline and/or inline products
- Ability to support and conduct situation analysis of external pricing and reimbursement environment and synthesize relevant information to develop strategic plans
- Ability to support test value messages and value evidence with payers in order to determine the most compelling way in which to demonstrate and communicate product value to payers
- Ability to translate complex situation and pricing analyses to effectively communicate impact to Seattle Genetics business
- Ability to support and interpret qualitative and quantitative pricing studies and to formulate price policy recommendations
- Ability to assess health policy strategy to shape external pricing and reimbursement environment
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including disease state information, clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies, in order to understand implications for value to payers
- Ability to drive results in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment and build strong, successful business partnerships with affiliate, regional and global colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically, identify strategic options and trade-off; strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated understanding in development of business strategy
- Demonstrated success as a developing leader with strong team management skills
- Excellent oral/written communications skills and interpersonal skills up, down and across the organization
- Advanced degree in related field will be strongly preferred
- Preferred candidate will be local to the Bothell, WA area or willing to relocate
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.