Senior Manager Production Planning and Inventory Management
The principal objective of the Production Planning and Inventory Management Manager (PPIM) is to lead ongoing improvements to Seattle Genetics overall supply chain operation, ensuring an uninterrupted flow of supply to support patient demand. The individual will be responsible for managing processes that translate sales forecasts into demand forecasts for downstream components, which will be provided to key suppliers on an established schedule. The individual will have leadership and administrative responsibilities for planning inventory and management. Responsible for advanced, complex, production planning both internally and with global partners. Must have extensive knowledge across many functional areas and resources. Closely work with all internal and external resources to optimize drug supply availability and inventory investment. This position is a key interface between Quality, Regulatory, Logistics, Site management, CMC teams, Commercial Sales, Marketing and Financial organizations. This position must be able to build and maintain strong partnerships with all internal and external stakeholders and lead discussion, problem solving efforts and process improvements to ensure supply goals are met or exceeded.
- Collects product requirements from commercial and global organizations
- Converts sales forecast into demand requirements for downstream materials
- Schedules production with multiple contract manufacturers
- Continuously develops, analyzes, and maintains long-range production plan
- Responsible for balancing demand requirements with the contract manufacturer’s operational capacity and contractual requirements
- Participates and provides input into commercial supply agreement drafts
- Manages work-in-process activities for supply chain batch release to ensure on-time delivery and/or address impact of delays providing direction for prioritization of changes
- Determines material supply allocation to support clinical and commercial country market needs
- Responsible for execution of detailed planning requirements
- Monitors demand against forecast and adjusts supply plans as required
- Monitors regulatory submissions and approval dates to ensure appropriate supply is designated for approved regions
- Leads effort to create short- and long-term planning tools to support product transition from clinical to commercial
- Leads the S&OP process for commercial products and provide detailed review of inventory and planned manufacturing through supply chain
- Scenario analyses to support optimal supply strategies as required
- Basic understanding of accounting principles for business/finance analyst interactions
- Supports SOX audits and finance team as subject expert in Production Planning and Inventory Management
- Manager: 3-6 years of work experience in supply operations, production and supply planning, and inventory management.
- Senior Manager: 7+ years of work experience in supply operations, production and supply planning, and inventory management.
- Experience in FDA or multi-plant environment preferred
- Exhibits creativity in adapting to changing situations, development of contingency plans and comfortable with making decisions
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal communication, project management, collaboration, and analytical skills
- Preferred experience working with an integrated enterprise level planning system (SAP, Oracle etc.)
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- APICS certification desired
- Minimal travel (< 5%)
- BS/BA Degree in a business or life science field preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.