Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist to join our growing Accounting & Finance Team.
The Sr. AP Specialist will be responsible for the maintenance and administration of the disbursement cycle and related accounts payable systems. This role is responsible for day to day coding and processing of invoices, check requests and related payments for the more complex vendors in the company. This role will also be responsible for monthly credit card reconciliations, managing Concur expense reporting helpdesk, vendor maintenance, and be responsible for researching invoice, contract, PO issues, and working with vendors and employees for invoice resolution. This role will also participate in assisting 1099 preparation and reporting.
The ideal candidate for this position is a problem solving, customer service focused, detail-oriented individual who is a team player and can work independently/remotely. This candidate must also have the ability to research complicated issues around coding and payments and respond quickly to inside and outside customers. It will be essential to work easily with other departments to build knowledge and trust. Flexibility, adaptability, and a desire to be challenged in a fast-paced environment with new tasks will also be vital for this role.
- Responsible for processing and/or reviewing invoices for accurate account classifications; match original invoices and requests for payment with purchase orders or check requests; verify receipt of goods or services; resolve discrepancies and problems regarding prices, delivery, and/or quality, and impute use tax as appropriate
- Review check requests, and/or other related documentation for accuracy, completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements
- Prepare wire transfer requests, ACH payments and ensure accuracy and completion of all electronic payments by due date
- Follow up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts
- Serve as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries
- Work closely with the purchasing team to resolve invoice issues and make process improvements, as necessary
- Coordinate corporate credit card programs including monthly reconciliation and monitoring of all corporate cards
- Review invoice status and follow up on overdue invoices
- Assist with managing month end closing processes
- Suggest process improvements to remove bottlenecks in the payment process
- Monitor and/or perform processes related to Concur expense reporting system
- Assist with 1099 preparation, including vendor review and printing of 1099 forms
- Performs other accounting tasks and job-related duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years work-related experience
- 2-year college degree, or relevant accounting-type coursework a plus
- Experience with Concur Expense Reporting a plus
- Experience in biotechnology, hi-tech, or related field a plus
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to determine and/or review invoices for complex account classifications, approvals, and supporting documentation and to resolve any issues in documentation and contractual requirements with the appropriate department
- Knowledge of accounts payable principles and practices; use/sales tax, 1099 reporting, and general ledger reconciliation
- Ability to utilize and understand purchasing and accounts payable in an automated accounting system, Oracle cloud experience a plus
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to research uncommon issues related to the Accounts Payable cycle
- Strong, accurate data entry skills
- Able to demonstrate a high level of customer service under any circumstances; does what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deals with service failures and prioritizes customer needs
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Work independently with an appropriate level of supervision
- MS Office experience required, advanced excel skills a plus
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.