Associate Director Strategic Alliances
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen is seeking a highly motivated Associate Director, Strategic Alliances. This role will be responsible for providing alliance management expertise and maximizing alliance performance including the effectiveness, value, and overall success for strategic partnerships (co-development and co-commercialization partnerships, research and clinical collaborations).
- Serve as alliance manager and lead day-to-day alliance activities, overseeing and managing joint governance activities and ensuring successful collaboration, initiation, and execution
- Serve as an alliance point of contact, working closely with internal team members, and alliance counterparts to manage and advance joint goals and deliverables, contract issues, and overall health of the collaboration
- Oversee and support collaboration governance and operating norms (e.g. communication, decision-making) including forming, managing and supporting joint committees
- Partner closely with internal cross-functional team members to ensure alignment with product goals, alliance operating principles and contractual terms and goals of the collaboration
- Ensure internal alignment prior to joint decisions
- Lead alliance risk and issue management including proactively identifying potential conflicts, managing issues to resolution while fostering and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Work closely with internal team members and functional leaders to ensure ongoing alignment, prepare for key engagements, and manage escalation
- Coordinate with internal business partners (e.g. finance, communications, legal, corporate development) to facilitate proactive partnership management and ensure strong alignment and coordination of key business activities
- Proactively track, monitor, and communicate contractual obligations and deliverables to ensure responsibilities met in accordance with terms of collaboration
- Proactively obtain collaborator feedback on the effectiveness of the collaboration. Help to identify, facilitate, and steward changes where necessary and appropriate to maintain a highly effective collaboration
- Ensure that alliances are managed consistently, drive implementation of alliance management best practices, standard tools and approaches
- Take on a leadership role in the Alliance Management function by contributing to the vision and strategy. Focus on continuous improvement and assist/mentor new or less experienced staff members
- Bachelor’s Degree in biomedical sciences, business or other discipline related to drug development. Advanced degree (MS, MBA, Ph.D.) in biomedical sciences, business or other discipline related to drug development highly preferred
- Experience working on alliances with global (or regional) partners required for a minimum of 3 years
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant drug development experience in the pharmaceutical, life sciences or related industry – experience in oncology is desirable
- Experience working with and managing cross-functional teams, including joint leadership or governance committees, to accomplish shared goals
- Excellent business acumen with demonstrated ability to develop solutions that support product, team, corporate and alliance objectives
- Comprehensive understanding of the global drug development process and biotech/pharma industries
- A proactive and strategic thinker, with strong facilitation, problem-solving and issue resolution skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to facilitate internal alignment, effectively and diplomatically negotiate and resolve conflict
- Highly collaborative with outstanding communication and relationship management skills, high emotional intelligence
- Adaptive leadership style with ability to influence teams without formal authority
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across multiple client groups in a highly matrixed global organization to advance priorities
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.