Associate Director Marketing PADCEV
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The US PADCEV Marketing team is responsible for managing the current business for PADCEV as well as preparing for the potential launch of new indications for PADCEV™ (enfortumab vedotin) in Locally Advanced/ Metastatic Urothelial Cancer (mUC). The incoming AD will report to the US Brand Lead for PADCEV and be a key member of the Marketing team for patient, nurse marketing and conference marketing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and pulling through the overall PADCEV strategy for nurse and patient audiences
- Using market research to identify relevant patient and caregiver insights as well as nurse insights
- Creating disease and branded patient awareness and education materials
- Supporting patient knowledge of and adherence to PADCEV
- Building all aspects of our patient and nurse specific NPP (including digital and media) strategy
- Evaluating patient relationship marketing approaches including direct to consumer campaigns
- Identifying and implementing nurse tactics
- Congress and conference marketing responsibilities include but are not limited to brand commercial presence at major U.S.-based conferences (i.e. ASCO GU, ONS, ASCO), as well as supportive materials for regional and local conferences, management of conferences and sponsorships that exceed sales approval levels, and liaising with corporate planning for national conferences
- This role will work closely with internal and external partners, including our commercialization partner Astellas, Sales, Sales Training, Global Market Insights, Regulatory, Legal, Medical Affairs, Corporate Communications, Patient Advocacy, other members of the brand team, and agencies
- Prepare for the launch of new PADCEV indications in mUC by implementing marketing plans and strategic initiatives to overcome business obstacles, drive market share, and achieve sales targets
- Develop and execute promotional strategy for patient and nurse marketing initiatives. Measure effectiveness on an ongoing basis and recommend and implement changes accordingly
- Lead tactical execution of promotional strategy for conference marketing initiatives. Measure effectiveness on an ongoing basis and recommend and implement changes accordingly
- Ensure that materials and programs are highly effective and compliant by owning projects through the Medical, Legal and Regulatory review process
- Serve as liaison with sales, operations and sales training to implement marketing programs in the field
- Work with Market Insights team to identify needs of patients and nurse audiences. Partner with Market Access team to develop and implement support programs
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications and Patient Advocacy to ensure strategic alignment
- Manage outside agencies in planning, development, approval, and release of materials. Ensure that projects are completed on-time, within budget, and in alignment with product positioning, brand guidelines, company goals, and ethics
- Special projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; MBA, Pharm.D., Ph.D. or other related graduate-level degree preferred
- Minimum of six years of commercial biotech or pharmaceutical experience, with at least two years in Marketing
- Oncology and product launch experience strongly preferred
- Experience in patient or HCP marketing preferred
- Experience working on product partnerships and on products with accelerated FDA approval would be ideal, but not required
- Demonstrated ability to develop actionable insights from clinical data and market research
- Knowledge of OPDP regulations and FDA promotional policy, product development, clinical development, and medical affairs
- Strong leadership and ability to influence across functional stakeholders to set direction, align work efforts, and ensure outstanding execution
- Experience with the management of external agencies as well as project budgets and timelines
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.