Medical Science Liaison
Seagen has recently launched its first product in Europe in the therapeutic area of HER2+ metastatic breast cancer and is heading towards further launch activities in the near future.
Based on this background, we continue to build the MSL structure in the DACH region. The MSL Team is an integral part of Medical Affairs and consists of field-based scientists that have direct interactions with different health-care stakeholders in the field of oncology to provide scientific and medical support regarding our medications. As such it requires a strong medical background and excellent communication skills. The MSLs work cross-functionally with Clinical Development, Commercial, Market Access and our internal Medical Affairs colleagues in the DACH region and region Europe to support our products and our advancing pipeline in close collaboration with our European Medical Affairs team.
- Be responsible for identifying and collaborating with healthcare professionals (HCPs), including Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) within the DACH region
- Deliver scientific presentations internally and externally in either one-on-one or group settings
- Facilitate scientific discussions in the field and work with in-house and field partners to facilitate ongoing information/clinical data sharing (i.e., new data, competitive information, customer insights, medical communications support) to optimize communications and coordinated activities across the organization
- Compliantly respond to unsolicited HCP requests for off-label information. Effectively communicate feedback and insights from the field within Medical Affairs and to other internal partners
- Staff scientific booths at major national conferences and regional clinical meetings in alignment with the companies’ objectives
- Act as a key liaison for all aspects in the support of investigator sponsored trials (ISTs)
- Support planning and execution of local advisory boards
- Provide in-field support concerning company-sponsored scientific projects
- Partner and collaborate effectively with internal business partners, especially with members of the medical and clinical teams, to support corporate trials including trial awareness and education
- Must stay abreast of relevant medical literature in a self-directed manner
- As needed, collaborate with cross-functional partners within Medical Affairs and across other departments
- 5+ (10+ for Senior MSL) years of hematology/oncology clinical or basic sciences experience
- Prior MSL experience preferred
- Candidate should have strong presentation / interaction and time management skills and experience in providing evidence based scientific and clinical information to the medical community
- 50-75% regional travel required. Must reside within region and should live within a reasonable distance of a major airport
- Thorough understanding of local compliance, as well as a sound ethical approach to business
- Fluent in German and English
- Preferable location is Munich
- An advanced doctoral degree (MD, PhD or PharmD) preferred
As a leading employer in our industry, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment.