Research Associate I/II
Seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic Research Associate 1/2 who will be part of the upstream cell culture group at Seattle Genetics, a leader in the development of innovative therapeutics like antibody drug-conjugates (ADCs) in the field of cancer. The candidate will join an exciting and dynamic team environment and assist in executing various experiments that will enable cell culture process development for novel therapeutics. In addition, the candidate will also support the evaluation of novel technologies and electronic lab notebook activities to enable continuous process improvement.
- Perform mammalian cell culture including initiation and propagation of cell lines using aseptic techniques
- Prepare buffer and media solutions to support experiments in the lab
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all lab activities and work routinely with electronic data records and applications
- Perform data analysis to support planning, execution and interpretation of experimental data
- Perform bioreactor building, maintenance and sampling across various scales
- Execute assigned projects as part of a team and present key findings in a team setting regularly
- Optimize and troubleshoot experiments to support implementation of novel technologies and/or methodologies
- Support electronic lab notebook maintenance and participate cross-functionally on relevant teams
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering or related majors with 1-3 years experience
- Proficient in aseptic technique and cell culture operations
- Familiar with following detailed lab operating procedures and safety guidelines
- Some familiarity with bioreactor operations and/or lab automation
- Detail oriented, strong organization and time management skills
- Team player, great communication and leadership skills
- Motivated and willing to learn and grown
- Creative problem solver willing to troubleshoot and establish new protocols
- Experience using lab software and/or electronic lab notebooks
- Prior experience working in an upstream cell culture environment
- Proficient in bioreactor troubleshooting and using lab automation
- Prior experience establishing electronic lab notebook workflows
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.