Senior Project Manager Global Commercial
Seattle Genetics is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual who will be responsible for driving the cross-functional execution of commercial activities across the brand. The Senior Project Manager, Global Commercial will partner with leaders and teams across Commercial, and the broader company, to efficiently and effectively deliver on strategic priorities and related projects across all phases of the product and program lifecycle.
The Sr. Manager, Commercial Projects will report directly to the Director, Global Commercial Operations.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally to coordinate, manage and deliver seamless execution of Commercial strategic objectives
- Provide project management leadership and support for key Commercial activities including functional sub-team and working group meeting support, regulatory submission planning and management, commercial launch efforts and various commercial projects
- Collaborate with commercial members of company-wide program and product teams to develop and maintain high-quality, integrated project plans that align with overall program and commercialization strategies and drive communication, scenario planning and decision making accordingly
- Facilitate the identification, management and communication of key risks and their associated mitigation and contingency plans
- Develop and implement stage appropriate and value-added processes, best practices and tools (integrated timelines, TPPs, stage gate process, governance, core & sub team processes) to increase efficiency and consistency of Commercial processes/deliverables
- Leverage strong project and organizational knowledge, leadership and facilitation skills to optimize team meetings and facilitate effective governance and decision making
- Build and leverage relationships and networks across commercial and the broader company to improve and enhance team dynamics; proactively identifying opportunities and removing obstacles to drive business results
- Advance best practices and contribute to the operational excellence of the commercial department with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure execution of commercial portions of IPP (integrated project plan)
- Bachelor’s degree (MS, MBA, Ph.D.) in biomedical sciences, business or other discipline related to drug development required
- 5+ years of multi-disciplinary experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry, with experience in global cross-functional drug development and/or commercialization
- In-depth Commercial knowledge with understanding of other functions relevant to the position which may include: Drug Development, Research, Preclinical, Clinical, Manufacturing, and Regulatory
- Excellent business acumen, demonstrated ability to align teams to strategy to achieve business and project objectives
- Experience leading and facilitating project team meetings, cross-functional communication and decision making, and ensuring ongoing alignment with internal/external stakeholders
- A proactive and strategic thinker, with strong facilitation, problem-solving and issue resolution skills
- Highly collaborative with outstanding communication and relationship management skills, and high emotional intelligence
- Adaptive leadership style with ability to influence teams without formal authority
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a highly matrixed global organization
- Advanced degree (MS, MBA, Ph.D.) in biomedical sciences, business or other discipline related to drug development highly preferred
- Late-stage program/project management, regulatory submission planning and/or commercial launch experience highly desirable; track record of successful submission management is a plus
- PMP credential and experience with latest PM tools, software and processes highly valued
- Experience in biologics and oncology, experience working with corporate partners and alliances is desirable
- Preferred candidate will be local to the Bothell, WA area or willing to relocate
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.