Senior Tax Analyst
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we can reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Sr. Tax Analyst position is involved in all aspects of domestic tax planning, compliance, and research, ensuring that Seagen complies with state, local and federal laws. This position includes collecting and preparing tax data, preparing various tax returns, and maintaining records, analyzing the applicable facts, proposing options, and seeing projects/tasks to completion.
- Preparation of federal and state income tax returns including supporting calculations
- Preparation of quarterly estimated tax payments
- Preparation of Washington and Seattle B&O tax returns including supporting calculations
- Preparation of Sales & Use tax returns including supporting calculations
- Preparation of personal and real property tax returns including supporting calculations
- Reconcile fixed asset and tax depreciation records for returns
- Prepare account reconciliations and journal entries for tax related accounts
- Apply tax laws and regulations to support tax return positions, audit defense, and tax planning
- Communicate and develop relationships with business operations, accounting, legal, People and IT teams as well as outside consultants
- Assist in maintaining and organizing various tax requests
- Maintain records and manage deadlines and schedules
- Research projects, as necessary
- Assist with other administrative projects as assigned and perform ad hoc duties, as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business/Accounting
- 3-5 years corporate or public accounting experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Excel skills, proficient in remaining Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- CPA preferred
- Similar tax experience in a biotechnology or manufacturing organization
- Experience with Oracle
- Experience with tax preparation software and other tax automation
- Income Tax Provision (ASC 740) experience
- Partnerships tax experience
- International tax experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group, and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.