Principal CV&O Scientist
Working within the Core Value Team, the Principal, Clinical Value and Outcomes Scientist will collaborate with headquarter cross-functional teams to interpret medical and payer value evidence across the portfolio. The Scientist will closely partner with peer colleagues across numerous functions (e.g, Brand Access team, HEOR, Medical Directors) in being responsible for operationalizing concepts, detailed frameworks, and support solutions at launch and throughout a product's life cycle to meet the scientific needs of select high priority accounts, external experts, and/or clinical decision makers. The Scientist, will deeply understand the unique medical needs of population health decision makers as well as their clinical and patient outcomes goals. They will proactively engage Market Access as well as other account team colleagues to identify high need, targeted opportunities for engagement and to ensure that CV&O tools and communication meet the evolving needs of the U.S. landscape. The Principal, CV&O Scientist under the guidance of the Head of CV&O will ensure the strategies developed are implemented and customized to meet the needs of the field team. The Principal, CV&O Scientist will be responsible to help prepare and communicate medical information using many formats (slide presentations, compendia submissions, web-based media, etc.). This role may be responsible for review promotional marketing materials and non-promotional materials intended for the managed markets and payer environment. The Scientist, will communicate compendia, policy, and pathway changes internally to ensure the information is captured in medical plans. This role will work with scientific alliances to ensure execution and timely delivery of collaborative outcomes research projects by aligning external and internal stakeholders. The Principal, CV&O Scientist will assist the Clinical Value and Outcomes team preparation for scientific exchange to support products and development in collaboration with Learning and Development and the Head of CV&O. They will also be collaborating with payer operations, HEOR, and Global Market Insights and demonstrating new technologies/analytics to ensure efficient data uploads/feeds onto analytic platforms.
- Advanced Degree (PharmD, Ph.D, etc.) preferred, with 8 years of Industry and managed care experience required. Additional certifications preferred (BCOP, BCPS)
- Demonstrated technical and scientific expertise in Oncology/Hematology is strongly preferred.
- An additional degree in health economics, health outcomes, health policy or public health a plus.
- Field based medical experience in the pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with external customers involved in evidence-based healthcare decisions, including but not limited to managed care organizations, pharmacy benefit managers, specialty pharmacies, compendia publishers, guideline bodies and health technology assessment entities
- Thorough knowledge of managed care, pharmacoeconomics, disease management, and medical research.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills are required (including ability to network), strong personal integrity; teamwork abilities and a customer focus sense of urgency are necessary.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry to ensure compliance with these external standard operating procedures.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing environment.
- Strong working knowledge of the organization of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- This is either field or headquarter based with internal priorities
- Travel (up to 50%) may be required with this position
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.