Director of Sales, Italy
Seattle Genetics submitted a Marketing Authorization Application in January 2020 to EMA for tucatinib, a tyrosine kinase inhibitor (TKI), for HER2+ metastatic breast cancer patients. in Europe. Currently, Seattle Genetics is building its infrastructure in Europe, which includes a group of operating affiliates located in different countries, that will allow support the commercialization of tucatinib and advancing its product pipeline.
The national Director of Sales, Italy is accountable for sales performance in Italy. The Director will have to successfully implement the national strategy into the field, ensuring the execution of the local tactics via the field force to achieve our sales performance and our national objectives. The Director will have to lead the field force building, developing, and maintaining this high performing team via a strong leadership and strong knowledge of the field.
The Director is a key member of the Sales Leadership Team Europe and is expected to effectively collaborate with other members of the Sales Leadership Team and leaders across the company.
The Director will report to the General Manager, Italy and is expected to have a proven experience in sales management in the Italian oncology market.
- Work with the General Manager, Italy to establish sales and profit goals for Italy based on sales plan
- Ensure Italian performance is met or exceeded; provide leadership and strategic direction to the Sales Team to achieve performance objectives
- Participate in development and implementation of national and regional sales strategy and tactics
- Establish business objectives, assess performance, and address skill development for the Sales Team to ensure appropriate portfolio management and effective sales leadership at all levels
- Ensure regional resources are appropriately allocated in order to meet goals and targets
- Develop regional operating budget and ensure fiscal targets are met
- Encourage ownership, accountability, initiative, and engagement within the entire regional team by regularly communicating Seattle Genetics’ vision, business objectives, performance outcomes, compliance standards, and future action steps to realize those outcomes
- Develop and continue to improve all levels of regional sales team through mentoring, coaching, and continuous feedback
- Identify and validate regional market opportunities and needs, and assist with developing plans to launch and refine new product and service offerings
- Collaborate and partner with peers and partners across Commercial (especially with the Director of Marketing, Italy) and the broader organization to execute key initiatives that align with product strategy, including those involving prominent accounts, networks & organizations in Italy
- Responsible the full launch readiness of the sales organization
- Review and analyze regional performance metrics to identify trends and opportunities to improve performance; implement corrective measures as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required; MBA, or other related degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant sales and/or marketing experience in biotech, pharmaceutical sales or healthcare with a proven record of high performance and consistent results; must have at least 5 years of experience building and leading exceptional sales teams
- Proven ability to create and lead a country selling organization capable for achieving the country sales forecast
- Preference for Oncology sales expertise, including thorough understanding of customer segments and regional market dynamics within relevant therapeutic area(s)
- Exceptional leadership and people management competencies, including strategic thinking, building and optimizing teams, recruiting great people, as well as developing, coaching and mentoring colleagues and direct reports
- Thorough understanding of local compliance as well as an ethical approach to business
- Able to interact in English with the European and global team
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment.