Scientist Process Development
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The primary role of this individual will be to support process development, CMC projects and regulatory filings. The scientist will interface with Analytical Sciences and Process Sciences stakeholders in a collaborative manner by using mass spectrometry to characterize biotherapeutic proteins and identify minor variants and low-level unknown host-cell protein impurities. They will work cross functionally to ensure timely mass spectrometry support and delivery of product characterization packages. This individual will also lead technology development in the execution of proteomics experiments and cutting-edge data analysis approaches. The scientist may also periodically author and review regulatory sections involving the use of mass spectrometry for characterization and comparability of Seattle Genetics products.
- The successful candidate will lead as well as perform hands-on work in an analytical mass spectrometry laboratory working with state-of-the-art instrumentation and data analysis software
- This person will have deep knowledge and hands-on experience in peptide map-based proteomics approaches.
- The position reports to a director level position in Analytical Sciences (AS) and interacts closely with Impurities, Cell Line Development, Cell Culture, Formulation and Process Analytical groups within the Development organization
- Can lead an intra-department project or initiative involving other contributors
- Independently present at department, project team, or Sr. Management meetings
- May supervise lower-level staff
- Deep expertise in development and execution of high sensitivity MS proteomics approaches
- Have a solid knowledge of protein chemistry and analytical techniques (HPLC, FPLC and CE) Multi-year experience in high-resolution mass spectrometry and deep knowledge of mass spectrometry data analysis software, particularly Protein Discoverer and Protein Metrics
- Demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought
- Good critical thinking, written and verbal communication skills are essential
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biological Science, or Chemical Engineering with 0-2 years relevant industry experience or BS/MS degree with a minimum of 10+ years of relevant industry experience
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.