Associate Medical Director Early Stage Development
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
This position will have the opportunity to work directly on novel early stage development programs within the Seattle Genetics’ portfolio, and function as a scientific and medical resource within the clinical department at Seattle Genetics. The successful candidate will function as a scientific and medical resource for the Clinical Development department at Seattle Genetics as well as a liaison to development partners.
- Development of clinical protocols and amendments, investigator brochures, and clinical study reports
- Lead clinical study teams and provide appropriate medical monitoring for ongoing clinical studies
- Evaluation of safety, pharmacology, and efficacy data from ongoing and completed studies
- Prepare manuscripts, abstracts and presentations for scientific meetings and advisory boards.
- Conduct literature reviews and prepare summaries to support clinical development programs
- Medical resource for design and interpretation of clinical and preclinical programs to support existing and new development candidates
- Contribute to the strategic development of clinical programs
- MD or MD/PhD
- Clinical oncology experience; Board certification in oncology or hematology preferred
- 1-2 years industry experience in oncology drug development preferred
- Has a strong leadership presence and the ability to work effectively with other clinical and scientific leaders
- Demonstrates a passion for helping patients with cancer and for the science of oncology
- Has a collaborative style with internal company leadership, external development partners and investigators/medical professionals
- Is a team player, works well in a team environment both as a leader and a key contributor
- Has a global perspective and mindset, with the ability to work effectively with colleagues from myriad cultures, backgrounds and geographies
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.