Senior Manager Scientific Alliances
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Senior Manager in Scientific Alliances will play a key role in executing Medical Affairs data generating projects for both approved and pipeline products. This position will be responsible for overseeing a molecule program as well as performing operational aspects of Investigator-Sponsored trials (ISTs), Translational Research Agreements (TRAs) and other initiatives within Medical Affairs.
Key activities for the Senior Manager may include:
- Manage and implement strategies for an IST molecule program
- May supervise a small sub-team of skilled individuals that contribute to the program’s success
- Execute formal review process for proposals and amendments
- Facilitate IST review committee meetings and document decisions
- Drive operational timelines and key deliverables for the program or project
- Manage proposal lifecycle from submission to project completion
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Generate regular metrics and reports of program activities and present to stakeholders as needed
- Support field-based teams and Medical Director teams in executing project/program goals
- Work cross-functionally with internal teams which may include development, research, legal, finance, supply chain and commercial
- Independently manage ISTs including site coordination, document management, and drug shipping/reconciliation
- Manage the program or project budget
- Contribute to contract review and negotiations
- Contribute to IST, TRA or initiative strategy discussions
- Collaborate on creation or revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) or operations manual involving SA
- Participate in special projects, as needed
- Participate in process improvement exercise to drive operational excellence
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Program and/or Project management experience with leading teams, study protocols or programs required
- People-manager experience required
- Experience managing global ISTs and/or Medical Affairs initiatives preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree required; in life sciences or research preferred
- 2 or more years of biotechnology with a majority of the experience in a development or medical affairs function preferred
- Therapeutic knowledge in oncology (e.g. lymphoma, breast cancer, solid tumors), pharma and biologics is a plus
- Clinical experience (e.g. RN, CMA) or clinical research experience (Study coordinator, CRA, CPM, PM, RA/CTA) a plus
- Experience with budgeting and contracting
- Experience producing and analyzing metrics/reports
- Experience with business intelligence tools
- Experience with MS and Adobe suite
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.