Director Access & Pricing
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Healthcare and Commercial Legal team at Seagen is seeking a U.S. Access and Pricing attorney to join a multi-faceted practice that advises the Seagen’s commercial organization. Responsibilities will include providing counsel and guidance on commercial, distribution and managed care contracting, government pricing, patient access activities, reimbursement activities, distribution, and pricing of prescription drugs across the Seagen product portfolio in the U.S. This individual will also work cross functionally to facilitate the development, review, and appropriate use of payor communications in accordance with evolving regulatory standards, and handle trade and other commercial contracts. Candidates with an understanding of managed markets, government pricing, access and associated legal issues, including health care fraud and abuse laws, federal and state health care privacy laws, and FDA promotional rules are preferred.
- Provide guidance to the company’s U.S. commercial organization on healthcare fraud and abuse risks when interacting and/or contracting with trade channel entities, including pharmacies; integrated delivery networks, supply, manufacturing, and distribution partners; commercial, state, and federal payers; managed care organizations; and pharmacy benefit managers
- Provide advice and support to various business units within Seagen’s commercial organization, including Managed Markets, Distribution and Channel Strategy, Commercial Operations, Market Access, Patient Access, and Global Value Access and Pricing
- Implement policies to guide review of managed markets communications, train business partners on appropriate processes, and monitor an evolving regulatory environment
- Provide legal support for commercial contracting, including managed markets, GPO, specialty pharmacy, specialty distributor, data aggregators, IDNs, among others
- Work independently and cross-functionally (both within legal and with business partners) to help the business accomplish its goals
- Advance a positive spirit of partnership and collaboration with internal clients and legal colleagues
- Exercise mature and reliable judgment while enjoying the company’s enthusiastic and fast-paced environment
- Have a J.D. from a nationally recognized law school, membership in good standing of at least one state bar
- Approximately 7+ years as health law counsel either at a law firm, company and/or within the government (OIG, CMS or FDA) demonstrating growth and ability to succeed
- Experience researching complex healthcare regulatory issues, including Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, FD&C Act, HIPPA, False Claims Act and related exceptions and safe harbors, coverage and reimbursement issues, and pricing issues
- Experience drafting and reviewing commercial agreements
- Understanding of:
- health care compliance
- prescription drug distribution channel(s) and contracting with the various parties in this channel.
- how managed care organizations are structured and their role in the prescription drug channel.
- the rules and regulations concerning healthcare programs (including Medicare, Medicaid, 340B and the Veterans Administration) and government pricing generally
- patient access activities, hubs and programs
- Individual must be a team player, self-motivated, able to demonstrate a history of successfully resolving challenging legal issues and able to effectively deliver sound and clear legal advice in a business setting; Ability to work well with other Legal team members and build consensus among various stakeholders while maintaining a compliant approach.
- Be resourceful, flexible and willing to engage in a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities; Excellent decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- 10+ years as an attorney focusing on government pricing, patient support programs and other biotech commercial functions
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.