Research Associate I-II Analytical Sciences
The Analytical Sciences group at Seattle Genetics is seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to assist in the development and qualification of analytical methods for physicochemical characterization and release and stability testing of therapeutic antibodies and antibody-drug conjugates.
The ideal candidate should have a background in biochemistry with previous laboratory experience, strong critical thinking skills, good interpersonal skills, and is self-motivated.
- Conducting experiments to support development and qualification of mAb and ADC analytical methods
- Generation and interpretation of high quality data
- Authoring of technical reports to support various regulatory submissions
- Presentation of results to internal and external groups
- A BS in Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related discipline with 0-2 years (RA1) or 2-5 years (RAII) of academic or industry experience. Experience with mAb and ADC characterization is beneficial for RAI and required for RAII.
- Familiarity with chromatographic (e.g. SEC, RP, HIC), electrophoretic (e.g. CE-SDS, icIEF), mass spectrometric, or biophysical (e.g. MALS, CD, DSC) techniques. RAII applicants should have direct experience with these techniques.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and high attention to detail.
- Good work ethic and ability to work effectively with different functional areas and groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.