Manager Finance Systems
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
This role will serve as Finance Systems support on system implementation projects and process improvement efforts to support our growth. This position will manage requirements gathering, functional assessment, and development, testing, deployment and training around various systems in coordination with IT. In addition, the ideal candidate will work closely with business partners in both the US and EU to understand business initiatives that impact our systems, establish priorities, align development resources and schedules to ensure predictable, high-quality deliveries. The ideal candidate has both a technical and functional background and can apply general accounting and financial reporting experience to finance business systems. Additionally, the ability to work cross functionally and to navigate ambiguity as the organization grows will be essential.
- Serve as lead for managing the prioritization of ongoing production support and new enhancement requests created by finance business partners. Act as trusted business partner to assist IT ERP team in troubleshooting and resolving minor tickets. Act as gatekeeper to ensure that all new requests are properly ticketed
- Support finance application implementation and process improvement projects in partnership with finance business partners and IT. Provide, evaluate, and prioritize business requirements to provide comprehensive solutions
- Resolve issues that arise during design, development and testing cycles. Collaborate with stakeholders to resolve such issues, and provide timely responses and solutions as required
- Support and coordinate business process development as we work to automate manual processes through our systems initiatives
- Support finance and IT leadership in the development of the finance systems strategy and roadmap; identify future needs, enhancements and upgrades to finance applications
- Educate stakeholders on automation capabilities and future opportunities
- Document and maintain policies and procedures related to business processes affected by systems implementations and changes
- Maintain current knowledge of financial systems technology trends and practices
- Develop a deep understanding of the accounting systems design and functionality used to serve our finance and other customers
- Work closely with the internal audit and IT teams to ensure the financial systems and reporting are compliant with SOX controls and industry best practices
- Minimum of five years of experience in accounting or finance role with significant emphasis on systems implementation/support related projects
- Experience with Oracle (R12 and/or Fusion/Cloud), Noetix and Power BI highly desired
- Experience with Concur, SAP, and data warehouse tools are considered beneficial
- General knowledge of the following modules/processes: General Ledger, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Cash Management/Integrated Banking, Inventory Costing.
- Inventory costing background highly desired
- Advanced Excel skills (i.e., Pivot Charts, Pivot Tables, Formatting, etc.)
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently while managing projects
- Excellent communication skills and the ability comfortably operate in an environment with multiple stakeholders at many levels
- Ability to drive decisions, deliver results and meet deadlines while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with the ability to identify potential issues from multiple perspectives
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business or Technical area
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly-hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.