Global Head Supply Operations
The Executive Director, Supply Operations is responsible for all global clinical and commercial packaging and supply chain operations in Seagen. Working closely with the Head of Product Supply, the Product Supply Leadership Team, TOPS leadership as well as leadership from Commercial and Development, the incumbent develops and executes long term strategies for supply chain setup and operations, including make-vs-buy, global footprint, technology & innovation and risk mitigation. The position is globally accountable for Production Planning and Inventory Management (PPIM), Logistics & Distribution and Finished Goods Manufacturing for both clinical and commercial supply and is a key interface to strategic partners as well as to internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with the Head of Product Supply, the Product Supply Leadership Team and TOPS leadership to develop and execute long term strategies for Supply Operations to ensure agile and flexible supply for clinical and launch manufacturing as well as robust and resilient commercial supply
- Responsible for clinical and commercial supply chain operations for the entire Seagen portfolio of commercial and development products. Ensure effective communication to relevant stakeholders, interpret relevant issues and effectively communicate appropriately within the organization. Ensure holistic, risk-based demand and supply scenarios are developed to support decision-making and that end-to-end overview of supply chains is constantly maintained
- Engage with Leadership from Product Supply, Commercial and Development through strategic planning processes to ensure robust modeling of demand, product and network scenarios, assess demand uncertainties and supply risks and develop options for optimizing supply network capacity and capabilities to support decision-making in relevant Governance forums
- Work with heads of Strategic Product Supply, Manufacturing, Development, Quality, IT, Regulatory, Clinical Operations, Clinical Development, and Data Science to ensure Seagen Supply Operations systems, processes and infrastructure are scalable and are utilizing state-of-the-art technology and processes to operate safely, efficiently and in full cGMP compliance while providing inspiring work conditions attracting the best industry talent
- Maintain a knowledge base of current and emerging supply chain best practices. Continually assess and predict the needs of the organization in order to build innovative systems, processes and capabilities to meet Seagen's growing business needs
- Establish clear expectations for the organization, set priorities, focus resources and delegate effectively. Closely monitor progress and proactively addresses issues and obstacles
- Ensure strong relationships are forged with key CMO’s and other third parties. Participate in senior level governance committees with CMO’s to review and continuously improve performance as well as to ensure long term capacity needs are met. Accountable for execution of contracts and supply agreements with CMO’s and third parties
- 15+ years of direct pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical experience within Supply Chain or similar capacity
- 10+ years direct team management/leadership (i.e. direct reports)
- Deep understanding of global biopharmaceutical supply chain processes, systems and applicable laws and regulations as well as solid business acumen. Proven track record of successfully managing clinical and commercial supply chains
- Ability to drive results while effectively handling ambiguity and uncertainty
- Flexible and responsive to change with creative problem-solving skills. Highly decisive and action-oriented, strong individual contributor when needed, with a hands-on style
- Proven ability to build trustful and effective relationships, internally as well as externally
- Able to think strategically and translate strategies into actionable plans. Proven track record of thought leadership in vision creation, strategy design and execution
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels and present complex and/or new ideas both internally and with external stakeholders
- International/global experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to travel globally
- Bachelors/Master’s degree in a scientific, engineering or related curriculum
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.