Director Commercial Operations Nordics
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
Seagen is currently launching its first product in Europe in the therapeutic area of HER2+ metastatic breast cancer. We are looking for a Director of Commercial Operations to lead and execute a successful launch of the breast cancer brand across the Nordics region (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland). We are looking for an individual who can deliver results and develop a high performing cross functional oncology team approach being responsible for both Sales and Marketing in the region and working closely together with other functional leaders in the Nordic Leadership Team. Reporting to the General Manager, Nordics, UK and Ireland, the successful candidate will help finalize the setup and recruitment of the commercial team, lead and develop the sales team, be responsible for the execution of the operational sales activities in Denmark, execute the country launch strategy and lead the account planning process together with the commercial country leads and the other cross-functional team members in Medical Affairs and Market Access.
This is a unique opportunity to be responsible for the launch execution of a world class oncology drug across four markets leading a team of country commercial leads yet also being directly involved and responsible for the launch execution activities in the Danish market.
- Lead execution of the breast cancer brand launch across the Nordic markets and deliver sales and market share targets
- Lead, train and develop the commercial country teams across the Nordic Markets
- Act as Commercial Lead and take on the responsibility for launch execution in the Danish market
- Oversee that the country teams plan, execute and update the cross-functional launch plans and the individual account plans
- Ensure that the CRM process runs and follow up on the commercial launch via relevant KPIs, launch metrics and market insights
- Update and course correct our operational go to market model with focus on unique customer insights, differentiation, and product uptake
- Update and implement the brand plan and the brand planning process in close collaboration with the local cross functional team from Medical and Access as well as European colleagues
- Prepare and follow up on the financial forecast and the promotional budget
- Adapt global and regional sales and marketing deliverables including promotional materials and tactics to meet local needs, working closely with internal and external partners
- Identify and develop relationships with key stakeholders and opinion leaders together with the cross functional team
- Ensure all activities and plans are executed in alignment with Seagen’s high ethics and compliance standards, as well as with local laws and regulations
- Master’s Degree or equivalent; MBA, Pharm.D., or Ph.D.
- 10+ years of relevant sales and marketing experience in biotech, pharmaceutical sales or healthcare with a proven record of high performance and consistent results
- At least 5 years of experience with building and leading exceptional sales teams
- Successful launch experiences in oncology and working with a truly cross functional mindset
- Hands on experience combined with role flexibility. Demonstrated ability to work independently with a “rolled-up sleeves” approach and as a team player across cross functional teams
- Experience with working across cultures in the Nordics or across Europe, coupled with an ability to establish and strengthen relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional leadership and people management competencies, including strategic thinking, building and optimizing teams, recruiting great people, as well as developing, coaching and mentoring colleagues and direct reports
- Strategic mindset coupled with a pragmatic approach
- Effective executive level presentation and influencing skills up, down and across the organization and in the external environment
As a leading employer in our industry, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.Seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment.