Senior Manager Access Engineering
The Senior Manager of Access Engineering will be a seasoned leader responsible for delivering Seattle Genetics Identity, access and end user device management strategy and operations. As part of the Enterprise Technology Services group, the Access Engineering team is comprised of Engineers and Administrators that are responsible for authentication, SSO, application provisioning automation, identity integration, secure device enrollment and mobile application management. This role is accountable for building and managing a strong team to scale the technology and capabilities to support a global user base in a regulated, hybrid cloud environment.
This team is additionally responsible for all operational activities related to the services provided, including monitoring, support and pre-emptive system maintenance and remediation.
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to the Access Engineering team
- In collaboration with the Enterprise Architecture and Information Security teams, develop a transformative roadmap to modernize and scale the services provided
- Build strong relationships, working with cross functional teams to coordinate projects, operational decisions, scheduling requirements/conflicts and vendor contract negotiation
- Implement solutions that support a hybrid cloud platform and identify opportunities for utilizing modern methodologies to solve technical challenges
- Drive an “automation first” mindset and implement practices to support Dev Ops.
- Oversee technical designs providing high levels of reliability for services while complying with Enterprise Architecture, Information Security standards, industry regulations and best practices
- Responsible for the availability and support of all identity and device management platforms and services
- Contribute to IT capital / expense budget planning & project resourcing schedules
- Deliver effective people management of team members.
- Maintain team adherence to company and IT policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned by organization leadership
- 8 years of experience, with at least 3 years in a related technology leadership role
- Solid technical understanding of OS, application and device access security models, automation capabilities and policy management
- Direct knowledge of security patterns in Azure AD and O365
- Experience with relevant platforms (preferable: AD, Azure AD, IGA systems, PIM/PAM, Intune/SCCM)
- Demonstrated experience supporting agile/DevOps Processes
- Solid understanding of information security/ privacy frameworks, and related compliance requirements
- Experienced working and managing performance of third-party vendors
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex technology issues and solutions to non-technical senior leaders and executives
- Knowledge of ITSM, ITIL, DevOps and SDLC
- Proven change agent in a complex, rapid growth environment
- Well organized with attention to detail and able to effectively handle multiple projects or activities simultaneously
- Supportive staff management and mentoring
- Highly collaborative with outstanding relationship building skills
- Experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical, and/or medical device industry is highly desirable
- Direct knowledge of 21 CFR Part 11, SOX and software validation processes is highly desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology or related technical or scientific discipline OR equivalent experience
- Relevant certifications highly desired
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.