Senior Manager Supply Operations Business Systems
Seagen is a global, multi-product biotechnology company dedicated to developing and commercializing transformative cancer medicines. As the industry leader in antibody-drug conjugate (ADC) technology, we pioneered a new generation in the science of harnessing antibodies to deliver cell-killing agents directly to cancer cells. Seagen’s dedication to improving the lives of cancer patients goes beyond science, and we believe that every employee has a role in contributing to this mission. By working together with a shared dedication and diverse perspectives, we are able to reach our full potential and make a real difference in the world. Seagen is a fast-growing company and has an abundance of opportunities available for you to grow your career. Put your passion to work at Seagen and join us!
The Senior Manager, Supply Operations Business Systems, leads Operational Excellence initiatives within Supply Operations to strengthen business processes, ensure data accuracy and improve efficiency. The successful candidate will conduct root causes analyzes, and designs, builds, and deploys best practice end-to-end supply chain processes, structures, and systems while streamlining and standardizing across the organization and supporting continuous improvement initiatives and activities. This role ensures the efficiency of business operations and works to harmonize process outcomes with the organization’s strategic goals by developing and implementing tools and methods that will result in significant process improvement for operations within supply chain management. The primary objective of this position is to enable business growth and productivity through deployment, optimization, and application of business processes across multiple systems. The position will work extensively with cross functional departments to ensure alignment of business processes. This position will report to the Director, Supply Operations Systems and Analytics.
- Leads Operational Excellence initiatives within Supply Operations to strengthen business processes, ensure data accuracy and improve efficiency
- Analyzes current system processes and critically evaluates inefficiencies; performs detailed root causes analysis and provides recommendations for technology-based solutions that can scale with growing needs of the business
- Acts as a supply chain subject matter expert in driving best practices for Supply Operations ecosystem and integrated tools, be a trusted advisor in both technical (e.g. Oracle, Kinaxis, EDI, Snowflake, Power BI, Tableau, Smartsheet) and functional areas (e.g. Demand/Supply Planning, Inventory Management, Contract Manufacturing, Logistics, Order Management and Master Data processes)
- Develop roadmaps and coordinate implementation of process and system improvements
- Prioritizes enhancement requests and makes recommendations on timing, implementation, and design; communicates project milestones, obstacles, and progress to senior leadership
- Leads cross-functional meetings with decision makers, systems owners, project teams and others to define business requirements and goals to identify and resolve issues with scalable, sustainable solutions
- Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions across multiple systems, e.g. Oracle, Kinaxis, EDI, Snowflake, Power BI, Tableau, Smartsheet
- Oversees process implementation through interfacing with IT and end-users, conducting user training, and working with key stakeholders to ensure alignment and collaboration
- Oversees team of consultants supporting Operational Excellence projects and activities
- Defines, monitors, and manages KPI’s that measure and control effectiveness of applied changes
- Conducts ongoing analyses to monitor effectiveness, perform re-evaluation, and makes adjustment as needed; leverages feedback from stakeholders and metrics to identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Applies creative problem-solving approaches and conceptualizes into quality and productivity enhancing processes that lead to the attainment of business goals and objectives
- Reviews data quality issues and coordinates solutions with data owners
- Supports the implementation of process and data standards in all systems; creates and maintains process documents.
- Utilizes project management skills to lead projects to improve processes
- Builds and ensures knowledge transfer to business resources, ensures training documentation is current and deployed for key business processes.
- Acts as a change agent who is dedicated to inspiring and fostering valuable change
- 10+ years of demonstrated experience managing supply chain process improvements via systems and process enhancements
- 5+ years of experience working with integrated business systems e.g. Oracle, Kinaxis, EDI, Snowflake, Power BI, Tableau, Smartsheet
- Preferred work experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and health care industries
- Strong knowledge of end-to-end business processes, e.g. Demand/Supply Planning, Inventory Management, Contract Manufacturing, Logistics, Order Management and Master Data
- Proven experience in business process development
- Expertise leading efforts with cross-functional stakeholders
- Project management experience
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment with strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills
- ERP implementation or similar process transformational experience
- Knowledge of Operational Excellence, Lean, or Six Sigma tools to improve processes, eliminate waste, and achieve sustainable business results
- Bachelor's degree in Systems, Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Operations, or related program required
- Continuous improvement, six sigma or other similar training/certification preferred
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group, and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, Seagen requires that all newly hired employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before commencing employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.