The Senior Paralegal is an integral member of the Transactional Law team responsible for supporting the company’s contract function, including ensuring that contracts are completed in a timely manner in accordance with company policies, internal client requirements and applicable regulations.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts based on “vendor paper” and company templates, including but not limited to master services agreements (various types of service e.g., research, manufacturing, marketing and IT related), statements of work, and confidentiality agreements
- Coordinate with internal clients and other functional areas to ensure timely completion of agreements and appropriate contractual terms
- Interact directly with internal and external parties as needed
- Ensure consistency of contract terms with legal department policies to manage company risk
- Manage and prioritize a high volume of contract requests
- Support the development and implementation of legal department policies and procedures, manuals, playbooks and templates
- Train and oversee new hires and outside counsel resources
- Lead special projects, as assigned. In a dynamic environment, Paralegals have been involved in addressing emerging needs of the company taking on non-contract-related tasks (e.g., data privacy, records retention) until alternative infrastructure is developed.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Five or more years of legal experience as a contract manager or contracts paralegal, including contract drafting and negotiation experience, is required, preferably in a public company regulated industry such as the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. Experience supporting contractual needs of research, manufacturing, and/or commercial departments and/or departments in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry is strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of contracts, contractual language and the contract lifecycle2
- Experience interpreting contract requests, drafting contracts, and managing contract records is required
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on written and verbal communication.
- Must be an expert user of Microsoft Word and Outlook, with proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Excel, and PowerPoint a strong plus
- Experience with contract management systems is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate required. Bachelor’s degree in business, life sciences or other relevant discipline is preferred.
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seagen is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seagen, please visit www.seagen.com.
Seagen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.